DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Dakota general discussion (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-general-discussion-152/)
-   -   Touched for the very first time... (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-general-discussion/343225-touched-for-the-very-first-time.html)

lghtngblt02 12-03-2012 08:59 AM

Touched for the very first time...

Yeah, the Daks getting some new shoes on today! 47k on the stockers, and unlike most of you, another set of the Goodyears are going back on. I have yet to experience anything like the guys with the Goodyear 16s have on my 18s. You can even ask Altair and Emery about it. :D I have been sitting on a newish set since 2008/09 and for the price I picked these up for, I couldn't turn them down. Let's just say; tires, installed and all have run me for just under $300. The tires have less then 3k miles on them. They were sold purely because the original owner bought a different rim/tire combo and broke these tires and rims like on my truck up to sell. :D

Anyone else have good luck with their Goodyear SRAs?

Paulinations 12-03-2012 01:07 PM

Not sra but my Forteras are excellent!

dakotaff 12-03-2012 01:22 PM

You can't beat a $300 set of almost new tires installed. I had 16" GY RTS on my Dakota and previously an Explorer, and have no complaints with them. I use a couple of 05 Durangos at work with 17" SRA's and they aren't really bad, but that's with AWD.

lghtngblt02 12-03-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by dakotaff (Post 2918536)
You can't beat a $300 set of almost new tires installed. I had 16" GY RTS on my Dakota and previously an Explorer, and have no complaints with them. I use a couple of 05 Durangos at work with 17" SRA's and they aren't really bad, but that's with AWD.

Not at all. That's what I was talking with others about, I have to wonder if the make up of the larger diameter tires has some play or if its purely physics. They've done me well. Yes they have been slick on smooth wet pavement, but what tire is going to give you 100% traction on that. Other than that, they've done extremely well across the board. :D

DaKoCuN 12-03-2012 05:53 PM

265/65R17 Wrangler Goodyear with 70,000KM in the odd
I'm about to get a full new set the next week
Thinking upgrade to 265/70 o 285/60 I'm not sure yet

thecause17 12-03-2012 06:07 PM

I had the SRA's on my 18's when I got them, and for the most part they were ok. Once they started to get worn though, I definately had some issues with them. There's was a particular section of road I used to travel to work on that if I was in cruise it would downshift at 60mph...if the roads were wet it would break the tires loose with the SRA's. I have Hankook DynaPro ATM's now and they've been a really good tire and I'll need to replace them by next summer and may go with them again.

The only thing good about the SRA's for me was that they lasted a long time.

Deer Hunter 12-03-2012 09:29 PM

Been thru 2 sets of GY Wrangler RT/S - 65k per set, and they weren't bald.

jkeaton 12-03-2012 10:33 PM

Seriously....is this a tech thread???:D

lghtngblt02 12-04-2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by thecause17 (Post 2918717)
I had the SRA's on my 18's when I got them, and for the most part they were ok. Once they started to get worn though, I definately had some issues with them. There's was a particular section of road I used to travel to work on that if I was in cruise it would downshift at 60mph...if the roads were wet it would break the tires loose with the SRA's. I have Hankook DynaPro ATM's now and they've been a really good tire and I'll need to replace them by next summer and may go with them again.

The only thing good about the SRA's for me was that they lasted a long time.

Yeah the last little bit, they were getting that way. At the base of the hill I live on, pulling onto the main road it would spin a pit especially if it were wet out. This morning, it didnt slip at all.

Originally Posted by jkeaton (Post 2918906)
Seriously....is this a tech thread???:D

Hey, you shut up! :D

marcsnyder05 12-04-2012 04:55 PM

With my dakota I couldn't keep traction in the rain with the SRAs but my wife's patriot they are great even in the snow they work good for her