3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Anyone ever tried iobd2

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 02:35 AM
NightRider6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever tried iobd2

Diagnostics scanner that can wirelessly send info to your android phone or apple phone...looks like a useful gadget to have..any one ever tried it?

http://www.amazon.com/IOBD2-Wireless-Scanner-Iphone-Reader/dp/B008US9J9W http://www.amazon.com/IOBD2-Wireless-Scanner-Iphone-Reader/dp/B008US9J9W

Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Moved to the general discussion section.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't really think of a real benefit to having a wireless tester. Essentially, you'd be buying a diagnostic tester or reader without a display. For one thing, if you left your phone behind or if your phone was low on battery, the wireless tester/reader wouldn't be very useful whereas a normal tool wouldn't give you this limitation.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Frankiejaime88
Professional

The one in the link only works on wifi. I have the android version, it works pretty well a little better than estimating off your gauges, I'm running mine off of a tablet. Oh and it's Blutooth

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
NightRider6

Originally Posted by Frankiejaime88
The one in the link only works on wifi. I have the android version, it works pretty well a little better than estimating off your gauges, I'm running mine off of a tablet. Oh and it's Blutooth
That's cool I'd run it on my tablet if I were to get one..looks cool

Old 03-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfons
I can't really think of a real benefit to having a wireless tester. Essentially, you'd be buying a diagnostic tester or reader without a display. For one thing, if you left your phone behind or if your phone was low on battery, the wireless tester/reader wouldn't be very useful whereas a normal tool wouldn't give you this limitation.
I dunno. If you left the regular scanner behind, it wouldn't do you much good, either.

I have one that works with Android (and the Torque app) and I'm pretty happy with it. I paid less than $30 for the Bluetooth adapter and $5 for the app, and I pretty much have a full-featured scanner. I have a "real" scanner, too, but I keep the bluetooth thing in my truck at all times and if I need to check a code or something, it's right there (my phone is always with me).

Old 03-24-2013, 11:27 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A
I dunno. If you left the regular scanner behind, it wouldn't do you much good, either.

I have one that works with Android (and the Torque app) and I'm pretty happy with it. I paid less than $30 for the Bluetooth adapter and $5 for the app, and I pretty much have a full-featured scanner. I have a "real" scanner, too, but I keep the bluetooth thing in my truck at all times and if I need to check a code or something, it's right there (my phone is always with me).
I have the same setup as just a secondary. Torque is pretty cool. I do support all the developers, but I do have the apk if anyone would like to try it out

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
I think I bought one of these, mine was blue though.