3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

air wrench

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 AM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
I used my shops forklift. (dont worry i didnt get the axle off the ground while working under it.) Picked up with a 4x4 on the hitch reciever.

THe WD40 penetrating lube worked ok i guess, they did break loose. I wound up having to use a ratchet strap to compress the passenger side to make the bolts line up right.

The Monroe coil-overs are AWESOME!!!
That is what I installed, There is a wiring harness that is close to them and I think the breather for the axle to, I had to move them slightly to make sure they didnt get crushed. Mine didnt make any noise for a few months, but now do all the time, Ive tried afew things to make them stop but nothing has worked. They work amazing tho, So I have no plans to replace them because of the sound.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:25 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the impact in and shocks on last week. That Air Cat is AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it. now for a good air compressor.

The shocks are awesome too. I was a bit nervous when i bounce tested them and it bounced a lot initially, but i think that they just needed a bit of warming up. But my truck runs MUCH smoother.

Bad thing is that I broke off the 8mm hex on the top of the strut rod. one of the factory ones had it busted off as well. Oh well, i guess that is what a plasma cutter is for right???

Quick Reply: air wrench