3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Selecting a good quality lash adjuster

Old 02-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Wyle E Coyote
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selecting a good quality lash adjuster

The lash adjusters in my 4.7 (08 Dakota) are going bad on the passenger's side, so I want to replace them. My question is; what brands are best and which ones are best to avoid? I looked it up on rockauto.com, and they seem to sell many different brands. i don't want to put junk rockers in my truck, but I don't want to waste my money either.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2018, 12:38 AM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If the originals lasted 10 years why not replace them with the same?I've seen them on fleabay for $21.35 ea shipped.Doesn't seem like a bad deal imho.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Wyle E Coyote
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daktwos
If the originals lasted 10 years why not replace them with the same?I've seen them on fleabay for $21.35 ea shipped.Doesn't seem like a bad deal imho.
I hear ya! I tend to agree. I guess that when I was looking for replacements and the prices were all over the map, that I had to wonder if any of those cheaper parts were possibly made by the same company as the MoPar ones that were the most expensive. 🤔😁

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Selecting a good quality lash adjuster