3rd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Urgent Takata Airbag Recall

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 01:25 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

That dealership should work on improving, word of mouth will cost them plenty of sales and service visits ($$$$).

The airbag recalls are old news now, the drivers side recall came out in 2014 with parts available to repair in 2015. Most of us had that recall completed, and then in May of 2016, the second recall was announced, with parts available for the repair in 2017. So there should not be many customers left showing up to complete the airbag inflator recall repairs.

The heated seat recall only affects 2005 Dakotas with heated seats, which wasn't too many I guess, and not sure how many of those of those are still on the road.

At least you're almost done with them anyway, it sucks that you need to go back one more time though.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:49 PM
EliteTempleton
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set my appointment for May 10 as they said they do recall work on Fridays. I was going to aim for a Friday anyway but it's odd to me I was limited to it. Maybe if I had cared and pushed back they might have been willing to do a different date. I look forward to the post cards ending.

Quick Reply: Urgent Takata Airbag Recall