3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hey & problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey & problems

whats up guys, got the comp back but im restoring everything but im busy and start summer classes monday and need to get a new internet service provider so with all that i should be up and running within a week or so..right now im on break at work....

now, problems/thoughts

finally got a chance to take the truck in to have the TSBs serviced, its being done right now. also, since i have been out of school (also prettymuch out of contact with you guys) my wheels have started rubbing on turns. that is being serviced right now as well. really, got to be the shocks or coils.....i heard the guy in the back mumble, we can just pull the wheel well fender back....now, when i pick up my truck later today, if thats what the report says, im gunna get assistance and get it done right. now, am i right, it has to be the coils or shocks because ive looked and the wheel well fender is not sagging at all, and i dont want a half *** job the 10 year old next door could have done.

also, i am getting exhaust soon, i really want to be kinda different...i know the exhaust set up i want, and the muffler shop told me i could get the most flow believe it or not out of one pipe....is this true? i toe a lot of crap and so i dont want it comin out below the bumper, im just havin it come out at the stock location like scottsdan (if i remembercorrectly)....i just need to decide on the tips because i know i do want duel tips...i see magniflows all the time, and being around firebirds camaros vettes ect ect a lot i see a lot of corsa exhausts. but i never see them on trucks....what do u guys think about corsa duel tips? ofcourse it would be 2 tips and not 4

btw, the pic is from a C5 vette, and that paticular corsa set up is $1500[8D]

Old 06-01-2007, 04:41 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hey & problems

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

finally got a chance to take the truck in to have the TSBs serviced, its being done right now. also, since i have been out of school (also prettymuch out of contact with you guys) my wheels have started rubbing on turns. that is being serviced right now as well. really, got to be the shocks or coils.....i heard the guy in the back mumble, we can just pull the wheel well fender back....now, when i pick up my truck later today, if thats what the report says, im gunna get assistance and get it done right. now, am i right, it has to be the coils or shocks because ive looked and the wheel well fender is not sagging at all, and i dont want a half *** job the 10 year old next door could have done.

btw, the pic is from a C5 vette, and that paticular corsa set up is $1500[8D]
Look again. Mine is doing that exact thing on the right front wheel. I had the dealership look at it and they couldn't believe it, but the wheel well is bent inward a little bit. The way to fix that would be to either take it out and replace it or take a heat gun and go to town.

I've heard the same thing about the single out, but I don't believe it. You can lose a lot of torque if you make them too big a pipes.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

well i havent heard back yet, but i will let you guys know when i do, if its too late tonight, ill let you know in the morning. if the wheel is bent they can order me a new one, f going to it with a heat gun.were lookin at 2 3/4 pipes give or take a 1/4....ill have them on soon....

edit,
stone, you forgot to tell me what u think about those tips

Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I didn't.........J/K

I think those tips would be too much for the back of the truck. They look nice, but you never know until you try it. I could be wrong since I haven't see that on the back of a Dakota, or any other truck.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

lookey here at the pic i found on corsas site

Old 06-01-2007, 11:53 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

personnaly i am happy with my single 3 inch catback. the low end grunt off the line is great and you want grunt when you are towing. if you want horse power and plan on racing the truck at the track every now and then go with the si/do but for towing you will see some trouble getting up and going. its basically the same exhaust coming out of a single pipe or two pipes. the engine is only going to exhale so much and a single point a to b would be the quickest for the exhale.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:01 AM
nowick
Professional

I haul boats every weekend ,and I just gota gibson side swept its awsome slight rumble you know its there sound. I really like it and would say its worth checkin out. and the tip that comes with it is niceI will post you a pic so you could check it out

Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I have a 2.5 Single too, I wouldn't go as high as a 3 but I really wish I had done a 2 3/4... as far as the corsa tips... I'm undecided, I kinda like the look of a single side dump tip...so IDK... I like those tips though... good luck on deciding and post pics when you done... also welcome back!

Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

also welcome back!
still not quite back, need to get new internet service...were out of "range" for highspeed but i just heard of a company in tulsa that were in range of...wish me luck

Quick Reply: Hey & problems