3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

LEDs...where do you get them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LEDs...where do you get them?

http://www.superbrightleds.com also has some high output stuff. Those Luxeon 3W white ones would probably work well for reverse lights.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 AM
mb18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your help. I ordered the lights from VLEDS.com pretty late last night...I got the High Power red ones and the Super Refractor amber ones. I'll wait on the High Power white ones for backup lights...though I might get the ones from superbrightleds.com if the High Power ones from VLEDS.com don't come available soon.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM
DakotaStone
Champion

Those are pretty cheap bulbs. I'm going to have to look into getting a few sets.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 AM
luvmydak
Veteran

Need info before I order from superbrightlleds. Will I need to use the resistors? It seems to be necessary.
ORIGINAL: mb18

Thank you all for your help. I ordered the lights from VLEDS.com pretty late last night...I got the High Power red ones and the Super Refractor amber ones. I'll wait on the High Power white ones for backup lights...though I might get the ones from superbrightleds.com if the High Power ones from VLEDS.com don't come available soon.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:50 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: luvmydak

Need info before I order from superbrightlleds. Will I need to use the resistors? It seems to be necessary.
If you're using them for turn signals, then, yes, you will need the resistors. On the Dakota, then only bulb you can replace without resistors are the backup lights.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: luvmydak

ORIGINAL: mb18

You'll need load resistors or flasher kits for the blinkers, I don't think you need them for anything else.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Thanks guys, much appreciated.