3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

LED Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LED Question

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

alright thanks guys. appreciate it...you think there would be much differance in interior lighting color/brightness to replace the lights on the roof of the cab that 1-come on when door is open, or 2-come on when you manually push them...
The color will have much more of a white/bluish tint to it, I think it would look cleaner. Brightness depends on the type of leds used and the wattage of them. I would tend to think they'd be brighter but it's possible they wouldn't be. You could always get them and let the rest of us know if they're worth it

Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i may get them in a little...i mean, just like last night i decided to get the big *** reverse leds after i told myself i would wait a little while.....problem is, i can never get those housings off those lights and i always feel like im about to break it.....any tips

Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Great Domelights ... http://www.oznium.com/led-domelight

Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 AM
xx1479
Professional

Would either the 16 or 25 led dome fit in our trucks? I know it says universal but one is obviously smaller than the other.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I've got them in my venge ... I have no idea the size on your domelight ...I'd say call and ask for dimensions if in doubt ... they also make exact bulbswith leds inside ... those will definately fit ....

Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

you can find the reg part number at www.sylvania.com

Old 07-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

just an fyi on my lunch break i went home and the led lights in for the liscense plate were in. i previousely has "hyper white/hid like" bulbs, which were a considerable amount whiter than the stock bulbs. i put in 1 led and compaired the color of the 2...no compairison. i cant wait till tonight when its dark to check it out. btw, can led lights "fade" in color...those hid like bulbs were regular bulbs but just whiter i guess, although they did fade with time (less than 6 months) from white (not like this led white, apples and oranges) to still better than factory but not the same as they used to be

Old 07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

LED's are consistant over the life of the bulb ...

Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ok guys, i should have my reverse lights (27 led High Power SMT) tomorrow. how do i take off the taillights. havent had them off yet and would like to do the install durring lunch.

pic

also, i got my liscense plate leds installed, they look good, but i wish more light was reflected out the side instead of straight out into the non reflective housing. i found these tonight which i didnt see 2 days ago, this is what i should have bought these for that 90 degree light emmision i needed.

^what i should have bought

Vwhat i bought

and ill tell you what, i unscrewed the connection and bulb from the housing and pointed it on the ground and it puts out a **** load of light, just the housing isnt reflective. if it was that would prob help out a **** load. is there any type of reflective paint or something i can spray on the inside of the housing? or would that be a waste of time and $....anywhere else i can put this 194 bulb so i can buy the other one for the plates...dont want to waste these as they are perfectly good bulbs.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

I dont know about your truck, but mine takes the 194 for the front dome lights as well. I know some of the guys on here had festoons for their front dome lights, I think that was 06+, mine's an 05. I've tried buying reflective paint, and honestly after about 3 days it becomes dull. The chrome paint has metal flakes that come to the surface, and over the course of "drying" they kinda fade away, it was the worst $5 I had ever spent on paint. The flank lights put out way more lights than the others, and were a good idea.

To take off the tail lights, you'll need an allen wrench, can't remember what size. Let down your tail gate and there are 2 screws on each side that when unscrewed the tail light fixture just pops off. upload pics of the reverse lights you got. I was thinking about going with them but decided to get the high power refractors a while back; absolutely no complaints so I'm not changing them for a while.

And bad veng is right, LEDs never fade in color over time, their design prevents such crap from happening, and last a whole lot longer too!

I'd say for those dome lights, I personally would go with the 25, our dome fixtures are about 2"x2", and a little shaving of the interior parts will make them fit if they're a tad bit too large.

Quick Reply: LED Question