3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rear end blew up

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end blew up

Well Guy's it's true,while comming home from work tonight I was 3/8ths of a mile from home,I was stoped from some Tree service guy's they were doing work,So I stoped & waited for the "ok to go"well the ok to go came I gave it some gas and BOOM!Sounded like someone jumped in the bed of my Truck!I put the gear in Park and could hear all kinds of unpleasent & nasty noise's I got out and saw my rear end pissing on the street.Great!!

Now mind you I just hit 36,238 miles.The basic warranty just ran out!O goodie!
Well the wife got on the phone and call Dodge's road side assistance and they said It's corvered & would tow it to the next dealer for free,well it gets better and worse.
The good news,the rear end is covered exept for $100 deductablebecause IM 238 miles over the Dodge basic warranty so thats why it costs #100 the wifes workingon getting that deductable squashed,I mean C'on there's 238 miles over.....I have faith she'll get it done,so for now IM out of my truck for a bit.

Well the bad news......The Tow Guy came in like 15 Min. whooo hoo! IM thinking this Guy's good,well he's a nice guy but new Green to the game this Guy got grease all over my truck.WTF!!!!!Are you Fu(king kiding me!!!
After dragging my poor truck off the bed @ the dealers,the Service MGR pointed out all of the Goodies the tow Guy was giving me.
While I was looking at the Fu(kin mess in my truck I look to tell him what he did & there he was filling out the paper work on my Hood!?!?!The kid was oblivious as to what he had done or doing as I barked @ him.........He had no Clue @ all.
So the story goes I called "Dodges road side assistance"& told them the story and they felt bad and "said" we will take care of it,I should be getting a call in a couple of days.
Well I soon see.....

So how was yur day?

Blu_

Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran
Default RE: Rear end blew up

Wow! i'm sorry to hear all the bad news! thats terriable!, i'd have beat the tow guys a$$. for doin that to my truck! thats good to hear that its not gonna cost a whole lot to fix. what rear end do you have? 3.55 or 3.92??? Good luck with the dealership..

Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 PM
LB
Veteran

Bummer,
Did you change the fluid at the recommended interval?

Keep us posted on what caused the failure, and was it a LSD?

LB

Old 08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

Thank's Guys,yeah this kinda sux!!!I don't really need it right now,IM missing my fishing tides this week & part of next weekDhooooo![:@]

Well as it stands they are going to look @ it Monday & it will cost me $100 The dealer said sorry but it's the best I can do.....So Isaid I totaly understand your position,if it's going to take this long for you to look @ it can you do this for me?Give it more than the once over......Please go through it w/ a fine toothed comb because in two weeks school starts I work Mon-Fri the Wife works too and the kiddies go to school Yippie & we really can't do the 1 car trick,so please do your best to help me out.

The Dealer also told me he got a phone call from the Tow Co.owner & he wanted to know what he (the dealer)saw of this matter,well he him everything.......Mr. Tow Co.owner didn't seemed pleased,look's like some one is comming to pay my truck a visit & seewhat fine work his hirerd help dose on the job.O well looks like you ought to hire better personal Mother Fu(ker!!!
So I would imagine I'll be getting a call from Road side assistance in reguards to my claim.....

O BTW I have a V8 Quad Tow Pkg SLT 3.55 LSD & as of now it's a No slip diff!!!!!!!
Thanks for the support.

Blu_

Old 08-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

that sucks man but im glad their standing up for it.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran

wow, thaats what i have 3.55 w lsd. hope we don't run into similar problems

Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That does suck. Glad to hear that Dodge is taking care of everything though. They could have just as easily said no to the fixing, but I'm glad to see that they're going to take care of you. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

That does suck. Glad to hear that Dodge is taking care of everything though. They could have just as easily said no to the fixing, but I'm glad to see that they're going to take care of you. Good luck.
Thank's DS but that's what we all have for warrantys....Except those who have bought the the Extended warranty.This is basic **** that should be covered,not to mentioned that is what Dodge is now offering....Lifetime drive train warranty....Go figure,first off,there doing this because Dodge has had a bad rap for tranny's,secondly there not selling as much as the japs!now mind youIm doown 2 Dodge's.I love them both,I do belive in Americana industry not to mention proud & happy that they are stepping up and taking it for the team and this WILL put Dodge back in the game!

Not to ramble on but take the time to look in your TRI- FOLD BINDER the DODGE Dealer gave you on selling day it's all there in the first four page's of your"our"warranty page's.
This simple info saved me $90 for towing (I won't go into the grease job)LOL!but it's $90 and it's covered you must remeber there not gonna tell you what YOU SHOULD KNOW.....

BLU_

Blu_

Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

wait..did your differential go out? maybe i missed something...im confused....sounds like a real sucky situation i know that

Quick Reply: Rear end blew up