3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Horrible

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
TheGreatMonkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible

The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price. I'm sorry to say but for what you get with these trucks, is overpriced. I live in Canada so everything I say will in Canadian Currency. My truck after options, oh wait what options, was $33,060. Now who would pay that much for a truck that had nothing in it. After tax, almost $40000. Like come on, thats a little overpriced for these trucks. I went over to Ford, found a Ranger, that was a Sport model, that was almost fully loaded for about $31500. Heater Leather Seats, 4x4, standard, boxliner, power windows and all that stuff. My truck is just the base ST with 4x4, auto, boxliner and towing package, $33060 sorry to say but the Ranger is a better deal. More for the money. Then I went to GM so look at their Colorado's, same thing with Ford, more for the money. For the price of these overpriced truck, I don't even have power windows and that. Horrible. Like when my dad had is Pacifica, he paid $45000 for it, it was fully loaded. It just didn't have the GPS. He paid $5000 more, and got ALOT more. These trucks are just overpriced POS's. And then fuel millage with these trucks are bad. I put $50 in it 3 days ago, and I went about 100 km's and i'm almost out. So I went 33 km's in those 3 days. Thats horrible. Overpriced and have ****ty fuel millage. For my final words,. Dodge should stop making these overpriced POS's.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: Horrible

well sounds like you got screwed....and you cant compair to the ranger...the size of the dakota is twice as much inside and out....or the colorado, they are WAY underpowered and again with the size thing.....i have a very heavy foot, and recently started driving like an old man, and i am happy with the gas milege gains.

if you paid 40k canadian, thats around 37950 usd, you got screwed. i got mine, 4 door, 4x4, 4.7 liter, power seats, power windows, power mirrors, plus the night runner package, for about 30 after the warranty and taxes.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 PM
viper359
Professional

Hello Fellow Canuck....

First, its a truck. Its a brick with a big *** engine. LAY OFF THE GAS. Its not a 4 cylinder car that you can punch at every light. I am averaging about 600 kms to a tank of gas, which costs about $65.00 to fill up in the 82 litre tank. As for what you paid for the vehicle, you needed to negotiate better. I have a 2006 SLT Sport, Quad, 4X4, V8, in the hard to find yellow.... I paid just under 30 000.

The dakota was (Not sure about it now) the most powerful engine for its class, best towing in its class, and most durable for its class. Colorado is expensive because its a new model. Rangers are like the damn S-10's.... Great if you want a small peice of crap low rider. If you want a mid-size truck, with the ability to do full size work periodically, the only thing that could do it was the dakota....(now the colorado too)

I have found if you take care of her, she will more than take care of you. I drive over 150 kms for work each day, plus my recreational use on the weekend. Once you learn to drive her like a truck, you will find the gas milage works out for you.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

Boy you got robbed. I have an 05 slt club cab 4x4 with V8 and I paid 25,500 us. I think I could have gotten a better deal though. Why did you buy it if you have all these complains? I get 15 miles per gallon driving it easy in all city type driving. My only regret is I should have bought a quad cab and gotten a manual transmission. I looked at all the trucks colorado, tacoma, ranger, and frontier. I did like the frontier but the dakota is the best midsized truck out there.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i might get banned, but i do like the tacomas..

Old 09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
viper359
Professional

HAHAm Your right, you might get banned. Honestly speaking, the new tacomas are not that bad,...... Oh boy, here comes my bannin.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran

haha i hate the x-runner.

it looks cool but im kinda in a rivalry with one right now haha

Old 09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

I test drove the new Tacoma before I bought my Dakota. I wasn't that impressed. The one I drove was just an extended cab V-6 6 sp....the X-Runner might be a bit more impressive. I'd actually like to drive one of the new Tundra's....I'm more impressed with that. Here comes my banning, too.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: TheGreatMonkey
Overpriced and have ****ty fuel millage. For my final words,. Dodge should stop making these overpriced POS's.
I would have to say that the Salesman saw you comming a mile away and stuck it to you Hard and your not happy about itso now your complaining just to vent and justify your beatings.
So next timeyoubuy a new truck buy something that was made in Good'ol Canada.

Blu_

Old 09-03-2007, 05:17 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

The tacoma sucks. I couldn't fit in it. I adjusted the seat and had the wheel tilted as high as it would go and the wheel wedged my leg against the seat. Made it hard to get in and out of. I'm only 6 feet tall.

Quick Reply: Horrible