3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

BIG NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BIG NEWS

IMO, it is already.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: graythang

First order of business is take advantage of the new start and build each unit with better quality than Toyota to the point where it is said by the consumer it is the most well built most reliable product I have ever owned.
x2, granted i think it is over the canyons and rangers in its class, but toyota is up there....it would be nice to surpass that level of quality

Old 09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

ORIGINAL: graythang

First order of business is take advantage of the new start and build each unit with better quality than Toyota to the point where it is said by the consumer it is the most well built most reliable product I have ever owned.
x2, granted i think it is over the canyons and rangers in its class, but toyota is up there....it would be nice to surpass that level of quality
Honestly on our trucks putting on decent shocks and trying harder to keep any "lemons" from escaping off the line would work wonders. Anyone know if the suspension is better on the new 08's?

One of the hard things to overcome though is that Toyota's quality is often overrated nowadays. The tacoma was always a decent small truck but I've seen them suffer many of the same problems as everyone else, yet they were always regarded as so incredibly reliable.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
pro4x4
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Altair

ORIGINAL: pro4x4

One word M O N E Y
I would tend to think the President and COO of Toyota would not be lacking at all in that department
You can never have enough money.
Oh and I agree with ericemery's statements.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Altair

Anyone know if the suspension is better on the new 08's?

i saw the local dealer just got two in...one in black, one in inferno red...they appeard to be sitting higher up, but it was a downpour tonight on my way home and hard to get a good look....couldnt drive faster than 20 it was comin down so hard...hard to see

also, they werent on the main lot yet, they were in the back, which means they were just unloaded...if the weather is nice in the morning, i will stop by the car wash and give the ol n/r a nice once over...than go to the dealership and say im considering a trade and i want a test drive

Quick Reply: BIG NEWS