3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Socal: Looking for 2005 Dodge Dakota for test fitting $100

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Socal: Looking for 2005 Dodge Dakota for test fitting $100

What we were looking at about the reason the gray line is around our stock lights, it is that is covers all the crap that is there when the lights come together.... The proto type one that were put on my truck didnt have that line... But if i had to chose on having the gray line or leaving it exposed like it was on the proto type one that were fitted i would leave the line..... He was thinking of somthing to cover it up with but he did notice the issue and thinking of something that wouldnt be so ugly as the gray line....

guy fallow what im trying to say?! Dodge put the line around our stock lights to cover up the nasty-ness of were the lights join together....... But rest asure we both noticed the reason why it is there. and john took a picture of how it looks uncovered.

As for the rest of the fitment.. they fit PERFECT! the lines match to the body nicly and fit with the stock hood.

I know normally aftermarket lights fit weird or there is just something about them that isnt right but these ones fitted up EXTREMLALY well. If you guys can bug john enough he might post pictures.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome news on the fitment!

ORIGINAL: AdidasCJ

What we were looking at about the reason the gray line is around our stock lights, it is that is covers all the crap that is there when the lights come together.... The proto type one that were put on my truck didnt have that line... But if i had to chose on having the gray line or leaving it exposed like it was on the proto type one that were fitted i would leave the line..... He was thinking of somthing to cover it up with but he did notice the issue and thinking of something that wouldnt be so ugly as the gray line....
Suggestion for john: If it has to be covered up by a line black would probably look far better than gray. Dodge did this with the factory Night Runner headlights (picture is stolen from Night_Runner's Fquick )

Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ericemery

Did they have halos or the projection lenses?
both

Old 10-23-2007, 11:34 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

Yea. I am diggin them. Im sure you will like them to once they come out. I know john and Spyder Auto is heading to SEMA. So maybe after that they will release them to public. But then again... I think Spyder Auto only does wholesale.... I didt ask about that aspect of it too much...

I wonder if they would do a Group buy direct?!

Ima PM John again and have him look at this tread again. John also said that the projection lights will be aviable in the chrome(silver) [like our stockers] and Black housing!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: AdidasCJ

Ima PM John again and have him look at this tread again. John also said that the projection lights will be aviable in the chrome(silver) [like our stockers] and Black housing!
Now that's what I wanted to hear [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Can we see them yet?
Can we see them yet?
Can we can we can we???

Quick Reply: Socal: Looking for 2005 Dodge Dakota for test fitting $100