3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

audio help

Old 09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
whiteram00
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audio help

before i changed out my factory radio in my club cab dakota 06 model i put new audiobahn door speakers in the front.then i bought a new jvc headunit for 100$ and new kicker 6 1/2's for 25.i install everything,right,i put the kickers up front and the audiobahns in the back door.everything sounded great but when i faded the music to the back the audibahns was playing nothing but bass and a little bit of treble .i have look all over the hu making sure everything was set right and that the rears were full instead on low pass or something like that.does these truck have a in line resister or something making the back speaker sound like this.the wires on the harness are color to color .

Old 09-14-2010, 05:35 PM
whiteram00
Captain

yes i did,the kickers did the same,before i changed out the audiobahn from the front to back the back stocker played fine,now that i have a after-market hu in it and the bahns in the back its no treble coming from them,kinda like its on lowpass,but the cd player does not have a lpf..that why i was thinking maybe there was a filter or something in the lines..i dont have the premium factory stereo .does the plain stereo have amps located somewhere.im thinking about running new wires back there to see if that helps or maybe its in my harness form the hu to the factory harness

Old 09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
whiteram00
Captain

ok i may just end up running both rear speakers off the front until i get funds to get a new hu

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: audio help