3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dashcam

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
damn man I like your truck..you have no rearview because of the back rack and tool box or do you just think you're cool? haha anyways I like where that is mounted..not in the way whatsoever. The camera hasn't fallen yet just being supported by that suction cup? And last question..are those Bosch wipe blades? I have Rain X ones that are in pieces and I want to pick up some Bosch bracketless ones but hear that they don't touch the windshield at highway speeds because they are lightweight. Not many people are critical about their wiper blades but I'm a tough one!
The Cam has never fallen off. I rarely take it down (The cam can unclip from the mount) Normally I just pop the MicroSD Card out if I want the video. It came with a 12' Power Cable (Same as most GPS) I have a 12v 2 Port wired into the factory one to power this and my Sat Radio.
Ive had the truck a year, and they are about 10th pair ive had. Well one is the 10th, the other is the 3rd lol
the Drivers side I think is Bosch, and the Pass is a Reflex Wiper Blade.
The stay on the window the entire time, highway speeds, High wind speeds. The only issue is that the pass one doesnt curve enough when its down to get the entire window, it misses about 2" and 2 or 3" high (The height it goes up before it completely touches the window) on the far pass side, Not overly a issue you notice but it doesnt effect anything.

I had a bunch of RainX ones break during install thats why I went thru 10 pairs. Altho I just took the broke one back and got another.

I got the Bosch one for free kinda, since my Supervisor at work broke my Drivers Side one last winter when I had the Hybrid Reflex ones. He was cleaning the snow off it for me when I was on my way back from being away all week, He didnt know where to buy them lol

Last edited by Reject; 04-26-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Dashcam