3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Well I am a owner, 2006 Club ST 4wd, and have a couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Moltenburn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I am a owner, 2006 Club ST 4wd, and have a couple questions.

Well Weds last week I picked up a Flame Red 06 w/ 76K on the clock. Pretty basic, only options are V8, Cruise, and Tilt. 1 owner, Clean carfax and had already added a Air Raid intake, a Gibson single Pipe exhaust, and its Rhino Lined. I bought the truck b/c it was stupid clean

Body is super straight and it just had sway links, tie rods, and steering rack done. So that is good. It does appear to have a squeeky Driver side Front wheel bearing, no biggy and i have a question on that Along with a few others. A heads up I did do a lot of searching yet still have some questions and I appreciate your help on them one and all.

So lets get started.

My truck did not come with a split rear window, I can not find a link to purchase one anywhere which leads me to do they make them for a 2005-2010 Dakotas?

The Squeaky Front Wheel bearing, does it require me to purchase a entire Hub Assembly, or can just the bearing be done? Just weighing my options on this.

I want a plastic Tailgate lip spoiler thingy , do you for see any fitment issues being the bed alreay has Rhino lining and it does slighty wrap over the tailgate edge?

Can the Stock Cd w/ Aux accept the U-connect Bluetooth option, or do I need to source a different Chrysler deck. Also what Chrysler decks are compatible? I saw a nice deck out of a 2011 Rubicon and wondered if it was at all compatible.

Has anyone installed back up sensors? How big of a Pain is it to install and any good recomendation for a good kit with volume adjustments.

Fianlly a decent Alarm install price. I can get a good unit on Amazon with keyless entry and remote start for a whopping $40 bucks, just curious what install costs are on a pretty stock Pick up.

So I know this has been quite the laundry list of Ish and I appreciate one and alls opinions and info you can lend to steering me in the right direction.

Thank you one and all and have a good start to the work week.

Moltneburn

Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moltenburn
Well Weds last week I picked up a Flame Red 06 w/ 76K on the clock. Pretty basic, only options are V8, Cruise, and Tilt. 1 owner, Clean carfax and had already added a Air Raid intake, a Gibson single Pipe exhaust, and its Rhino Lined. I bought the truck b/c it was stupid clean

Body is super straight and it just had sway links, tie rods, and steering rack done. So that is good. It does appear to have a squeeky Driver side Front wheel bearing, no biggy and i have a question on that Along with a few others. A heads up I did do a lot of searching yet still have some questions and I appreciate your help on them one and all.

So lets get started.

My truck did not come with a split rear window, I can not find a link to purchase one anywhere which leads me to do they make them for a 2005-2010 Dakotas?

The Squeaky Front Wheel bearing, does it require me to purchase a entire Hub Assembly, or can just the bearing be done? Just weighing my options on this.

I want a plastic Tailgate lip spoiler thingy , do you for see any fitment issues being the bed alreay has Rhino lining and it does slighty wrap over the tailgate edge?

Can the Stock Cd w/ Aux accept the U-connect Bluetooth option, or do I need to source a different Chrysler deck. Also what Chrysler decks are compatible? I saw a nice deck out of a 2011 Rubicon and wondered if it was at all compatible.

Has anyone installed back up sensors? How big of a Pain is it to install and any good recomendation for a good kit with volume adjustments.

Fianlly a decent Alarm install price. I can get a good unit on Amazon with keyless entry and remote start for a whopping $40 bucks, just curious what install costs are on a pretty stock Pick up.

So I know this has been quite the laundry list of Ish and I appreciate one and alls opinions and info you can lend to steering me in the right direction.

Thank you one and all and have a good start to the work week.

Moltneburn

I had my entire front wheel bearing replaced. Im not sure if you can just replace the bearing or if its easier/cheaper to do the complete hub.

The 05-07 Radio I believe all have the volume ***** out the sides so its not "square" the only other vehicle I KNOW had this was my brother 08 Compass. But other could have, Id think any Chrysler Radio that style should work, But might not.

You might have some slight fitment issues with a spoiler, but if you liner isnt to think, I dont think you would have tons.

There are split rear windows, but they dont have a Defrost I believe. Where as the solid do.

I didnt install a backup sensor, but I did install a Rear View Camera.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here actually a Pic of a 05 with the Slider. Its forsale by me.
"2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab, 4x4, 4.7L V8, Only 92000kms, New Tires, New Brakes, New MVI" Price $7,995

Wish It was forsale at that price a year ago, lol then I would have bought it.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Moltenburn
Rookie

Thanks for the responses, I did manage to locate a 05-09 slider window but I am not sure it is worth the $420 bucks it would cost to install especially since there is nothing wrong with the stock rear. Also I don't have defrost so no issues there.

Did not even think about the round **** issue on the faceplate of the truck. Any one replace the stock deck with an upgraded chrysler unit? Did you carve into your own faceplate, or buy a aftermarket kit? Any recomendations are appreciated.

At this point I think I might just swap out the factory deck for a unit with all that is needed but I am a fan of the factory look and less likely to get stolen.

Anyone else know the deal on the Front bearings and lets add how hard is it to cut off some rhino lining.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:44 PM
dimesismoneytoo
Professional

This is the radio that you would want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-CHRYSLER-300-Factory-Radio-Receiver-AM-FM-CD-w-Hands-Free-UConnect-/140729443796?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item20c420e5d4&vxp=mtr
It's out of a Chrysler C300. Complete with Hands-free U-connect. It should be plug and play, if not you just have to go down to the dealer and have them flash it in.

By the way, post some pictures up man.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:29 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Lets see your truck!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Moltenburn
Rookie

Originally Posted by dimesismoneytoo
This is the radio that you would want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-CHRYSLER-300-Factory-Radio-Receiver-AM-FM-CD-w-Hands-Free-UConnect-/140729443796?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item20c420e5d4&vxp=mtr
It's out of a Chrysler C300. Complete with Hands-free U-connect. It should be plug and play, if not you just have to go down to the dealer and have them flash it in.

By the way, post some pictures up man.

Welcome to the forum!
Pics to come and thank you for the link. It appears that is the same exact deck currently sitting in my Dakota, so if all I need is a U-connect kit and a flash then that is one of my next upgrades.

Quick Reply: Well I am a owner, 2006 Club ST 4wd, and have a couple questions.