3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Holbrook.Jeremy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous of the turbo. I could walk outside right now start the truck, stomp on the gas and lay a strip down the street in dry weather. I've had them break loose on the highway in the rain while going 50+. Somethings definitely not right if your running a turbo and can't spin the tire.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This^^^

Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 PM
dimesismoneytoo
Professional

Originally Posted by Holbrook.Jeremy
I'm jealous of the turbo. I could walk outside right now start the truck, stomp on the gas and lay a strip down the street in dry weather. I've had them break loose on the highway in the rain while going 50+. Somethings definitely not right if your running a turbo and can't spin the tire.
Agreed!!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM
remme
Professional

Its just always been that way. even before everything. I have 4.10's and a sheridan stage 3 valve body. The truck chirps 2nd but wont spin the god damn tires!

Old 10-13-2012, 11:54 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine won't either, I have an auburn LSD and wide toyos that are very grippy. I can't power brake unless I'm on a painted surface, like the arrows on the road. When it's wet, I can only break them loose in certain areas unless it's a downpour. I can bark the tires getting on the freeway in 2nd though.

Our trucks, N/A, start to make real power at 2800-3200 rpm, so I can only think of one thing that might help you, and that's to get a higher stall torque converter. I'm not sure where your power starts to climb with that turbo and tune, but a 3000rpm stall might do the trick.

by the way, I would love to see pics of that truck man.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Holbrook.Jeremy
Professional

Yea somethings not right. I have a few small mods like headers, intake, exhaust (Not all of it yet), lift, 31 - 32" tires and like I said I can roast'em no problem and I'm usually carrying a bunch of tools in the bed.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
outlawdak

If it's like my 2009 it's in the computer if you hold the brake an gas it won't let the engine build RPM's it cuts it back

Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 AM
remme
Professional

Originally Posted by outlawdak
If it's like my 2009 it's in the computer if you hold the brake an gas it won't let the engine build RPM's it cuts it back
nail on the head. you can actually feel the engine bog at a certain rpm. i knew i wasnt crazy. so a tuner can program this out huh? might be my tranny, things heated up a bit and with the s3 valve body 1-2 is a hell of a drug. i think i shredded it. just dont have the money to rebuild just yet. but even before the tranny was shot i was still having the same problem. the truck is now a work in progress just took the lift and 33's off(for sale) and i lowered it 4.5/3.5 or close to that. now im working on relocating the exhaust through the side of the bed and i gotta tweek the intercooler and piping a bit to fit without the body lift....shes coming along

Old 10-20-2012, 06:24 AM
broke33
Amateur

I sent you a pm on lift and tires

Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 AM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by remme
nail on the head. you can actually feel the engine bog at a certain rpm. i knew i wasnt crazy. so a tuner can program this out huh? might be my tranny, things heated up a bit and with the s3 valve body 1-2 is a hell of a drug. i think i shredded it. just dont have the money to rebuild just yet. but even before the tranny was shot i was still having the same problem. the truck is now a work in progress just took the lift and 33's off(for sale) and i lowered it 4.5/3.5 or close to that. now im working on relocating the exhaust through the side of the bed and i gotta tweek the intercooler and piping a bit to fit without the body lift....shes coming along
Yes the computer will hold the rpms to 2000 when you have your foot on the brake. I know superchips can get rid of that cause I can power brake all day long even before I put HO cams in and I have 32s and 3.55s

Quick Reply: Traction Control