3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Where exactly is the A/C drain tube?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
rebel4055
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where exactly is the A/C drain tube?

I have a issue that is related to wet floor boards and a smell lol. Need to find that A/C drain tube. (bet it got clogged when I went through mud awhile ago)

Old 09-27-2012, 03:57 PM
rebel4055
Veteran

Never mind. It's not a tube it's more like a slot drain that drains into a little trench onto the ground. It's pissing like a race horse now like it's always been. Tested both with the A/C and defrost if that matters. Lets see if they have to replace my windshield again.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 PM
rebel4055
Veteran

Alright. Like I mentioned that drain drains with no problems. My passenger floor board is dry as a whistle. My drivers side floor board is still soaked! Can I narrow it down to my windshield being the problem?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You can use the infamous "Teste de l'eau"

Throw a kid under the steering wheel and close the doors and windows. Take your hose and with mild pressure, start at the bottom of the windshield and spray along the joint. Keep it to one area for several minutes (unless the kid yells that he is getting wet, then you can stop . . . ). Move progressively higher on the windshied/body joint. If you start at the top, you don't really know where it is leaking. Stay on each small area for about 5 minutes. Once you find the spot, turn it off a let it stop dripping inside, then re-test that small area again to make sure it leaks right away, confirming you have the correct spot.

Quick Reply: Where exactly is the A/C drain tube?