DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Dakota (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-68/)
-   -   2007 Dakota no bus (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota/339911-2007-dakota-no-bus.html)

RIFF-RAFF 10-23-2012 07:01 AM

I can see a battery causing sensor issues because of out of range voltages but I just don't see how it would cause communication issues with the PCM. It's my understanding that the only thing that can cause a communication issue is a short either in a sensor, the gauge cluster or the PCM itself. Just in case, I'll load test my battery tonight and report back my findings.

DodgeCACares 10-23-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by RIFF-RAFF (Post 2892378)
It's a new battery. I just got home from work and thought i would check all connections to the PCM and try unplugging each sensor one at a time in hopes of finding a shorted sensor. I put the key to it fully expecting the same problem but to my surprise, it fired up and ran fine!! The check engine light is on and I pulled a " U 1403" code.

Any ideas what I should do first?

Frank,

Glad to see everything is functioning as it should.
That code (U1403) does lead to the PCM so if it does come back, get your Dakota in to your local dealer, especially if the same code pops up.

Good luck and keep us updated!

RIFF-RAFF 10-23-2012 07:38 PM

Load tested the battery and it checked out fine. Also checked the alternator's performance in case there may be a bad phase but it checked out fine as well. I guess I'll just wait and see if it happens again and hopefully it wont be just as I'm ready to leave for work so I have time to try and chase it down. I'm actually waiting for a local dealership to find me a different vehicle so I can trade this thing in and hopefully that occurs before any others issues crop up.Thanks for everyone's input and ideas.

Frank

DodgeCACares 10-24-2012 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by RIFF-RAFF (Post 2893304)
Load tested the battery and it checked out fine. Also checked the alternator's performance in case there may be a bad phase but it checked out fine as well. I guess I'll just wait and see if it happens again and hopefully it wont be just as I'm ready to leave for work so I have time to try and chase it down. I'm actually waiting for a local dealership to find me a different vehicle so I can trade this thing in and hopefully that occurs before any others issues crop up.Thanks for everyone's input and ideas.

Frank

Frank,

Let us know what you end up getting.
Would love to see it!

RIFF-RAFF 10-24-2012 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares (Post 2893718)
Frank,

Let us know what you end up getting.
Would love to see it!

I have no plans on ever buying a gas powered truck again. I just sold my 98 Cummins powered Ram (770,000 kms) and plan on trading in this headache (Dakota) for a Megacab Ram with a diesel. Buying this Dakota was a mistake, shoulda bought a diesel right from the get go.

RIFF-RAFF 10-29-2012 08:30 PM

Went out this morning, Started my truck and it stalled almost immediately. Started right back up with a check engine light. Scanned it to find code "u1403" again and also "p0129" which is low barometric pressure (map sensor). The code "u1403" may be residual because i don't recall weather I cleared it the last time it came up. I'm wondering if there is an internal short in the map sensor that may be causing my "u1403" code and my "no bus" issue. Any thoughts?