3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

passenger side rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 AM
J.Kalp17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation passenger side rear quarter panel

ok guys ive made the impossible idiots mistake and backed into a vehicle parked in my driveway not remembering it was there...busted the clips on my passenger side tail lights and dented in my lower back part of the quarter panel

anybody know what an average quarter panel is going to cost me?

i thought about just having the dent pulled and getting a new tail light but the quarter panel has began to rust around the wheel well so im thinking maybe just replace the whole thing and be done with it

any advice on what the cheaper solution would be? 05 dakota quad cab laramie
pressed for money at the moment
thanks

Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 AM
MitsuRaider
All Star

Its quite expensive. Plus it needs to be cut out and the new piece welded back on. Your best bet is repairing your current qp.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 AM
J.Kalp17

Originally Posted by MitsuRaider
Its quite expensive. Plus it needs to be cut out and the new piece welded back on. Your best bet is repairing your current qp.
thanks for the tip i wasnt thinking about the new one needing welded...i may try to fix my current tail light today as its not cracked or scratched at all just the plastic clip snapped where the screws hold it in place...may try gluing them back on for now...i want to get new ones next summer anyways

Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look at local auto salvage yards to see what they might have and the cost of a whole bed. The labor in welding, body work, and painting may be more than the salvage yard price for the whole thing.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 AM
J.Kalp17

Originally Posted by Alfons
I would look at local auto salvage yards to see what they might have and the cost of a whole bed. The labor in welding, body work, and painting may be more than the salvage yard price for the whole thing.
also good advice...i may try that first and go from there thanks

Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your Daring, remove the offending panel yourself lol
Its not the welding, its removing the old spot welds thats very time consuming, grinding down the paint to find them, then drill them out. Seen it done over a few days (was doing work at a body shop that was doing it on a a F250 box)
Then the cost of the new Bedside, isnt cheap either.

Repainting 1 Box side, is about $800CAD. Done professionally, and with a 5 Year Warranty.

It cost me (well the girl that hit me) $900 to fix this, and repaint the entire side.
It actually cost her $1300, But I didnt some work, and told them not to do some. So I got $400 to keep lol
They wanted to replaced all 4 mud flaps (could only get a set of 4), repaint the back bumper, and I Remove my Toolbox and Backrack
Before

After (dirty some)

Last edited by Reject; 10-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 AM
J.Kalp17

actually that dent is almost identical to mine...ill try to post a couple pics later today to see what you think it may cost me...i may just turn it in to my insurance but i didnt know if it was worth having my payment go up however much it would go up
as i said the wheel well is rusting and if its gonna cost me too much to fix the current bed side i may as well just replace it and not worry about the rust

Quick Reply: passenger side rear quarter panel