3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Pure acetone for improved MPG ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:31 AM
djibara
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure acetone for improved MPG ?

Just curious has anyone herd of this and or tried this?how much would you add to a 2005 dakota 4.7. Sorry if this was talked about already just wondering if it really works as gas prices are $4.67 a gallon here. if it works i might try it. thanks

Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Neil Hall
Professional

Originally Posted by djibara
Just curious has anyone herd of this and or tried this?how much would you add to a 2005 dakota 4.7. Sorry if this was talked about already just wondering if it really works as gas prices are $4.67 a gallon here. if it works i might try it. thanks
I am in the process of trying it. i add 3 ounces/ 10gal of gas. seemed too work well for me. i gained about 3mpg from it, I will be replacing upstream o2 sensors and the egr valve too.. adding too much too the fuel will do nothing or even reduce mileage, adding too little will do nothing either.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

Originally Posted by Neil Hall
I am in the process of trying it. i add 3 ounces/ 10gal of gas. seemed too work well for me. i gained about 3mpg from it, I will be replacing upstream o2 sensors and the egr valve too.. adding too much too the fuel will do nothing or even reduce mileage, adding too little will do nothing either.
Where did you get the info on how much to mix?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Neil Hall
Professional

i started a thread about a month ago on the subject. do a search in the 3rd gen section.

Quick Reply: Pure acetone for improved MPG ?