3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Cel p2074

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 AM
JoeyDMG
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cel p2074

Hey guys I'm on my way to San Antonio manualess and tooless (doh!)

My mother-in-law is driving the Dakota and I'm in my Camry (so I don't know exactly what happened).

I was leading and she was following when I noticed she suddenly dropped from sight. We were doing around 75-80 MPH when the CEL came on while she was doing something with the cruise control (setting it or turning off) and the Dakota and she lost power. She pulled to the side and managed to restart and pull over to the next exit and I came by. We were in the middle of nowhere and it started back up. Nothing quickly sounded out of the ordinary so we drove 40-50 miles to Ft. Stockton to get the code pulled from Autozone. Which was P2074 Manifold pressure/Throttle correlation.

The diagnosis says there is a major vacuum leak, TP and/or MAP sensor bad (there was another, but I don't have the paper in front of me). Visually I poked around and the hoses around the throttle didn't appear to be damaged. Air filter looked okay not too much dirt.

The really strange thing is once we restarted the truck at Autozone the CEL cleared. I don't think they guy cleared it and I doubt I have magic hands and my poking made it go away :-). We drove approx 100 miles to Ozona and it hasn't returned.

Any ideas what it is? Should I try and take it somewhere? I'm guessing the throttle needs to be cleaned and/or one of those sensors is going out.

My mother-in-law will be driving it back alone on Monday so I'm concerned it will reappear.

As always... thanks in advance!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:53 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Coulda been a fluke. Drive it and see if it comes back. The code states: "The ECM has detected a failed signal correlation between the MAP and TPS" , meaning the MAP detected more vacuum compared to the throttle position. Too much air/not enough fuel. You might want to disconnect the battery for a bit to reset everthing. Check anything vacuum related unde the hood, PCV, brake booster, etc. If all thats good, I would not worry that much about it. I've been reading it's a common problem on boosted engines, you running a turbo?? lol

Old 05-10-2013, 04:43 PM
JoeyDMG
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't pull the battery... we just kept going and it made it another 200+ miles and no CEL. I'm betting the TB might need to be cleaned... so I'll do it when I get back home. Thankfully now we're in San Antonio there are Dodge dealerships around if something happens.

And if it had a turbo... I'd be driving it to Texas... :-) I'd probably not get very far since I'd be pulled over so damn much! :-)

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Cel p2074