3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Brake and shake

Old 07-18-2014, 10:54 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pyrofossil
What is this Rear Brake test??? I have about 85,000 miles on my 05 and never touched the rear brakes.... I have bled and replaced front brake pads and put drilled and slotted rotors ti get rid of my shakes
I have had a shake while braking and I thought it was coming from the rear. I recently had an alignment and balance done to eliminate the chance of it being a tire. The shake hasn't been overly annoying just something that is progressively going to get worse in my eyes. This AM I slid the parking brake on in the parking lot while doing about 20-30mph and I could feel the shake start and intensify meaning it was and is the rear brakes causing the shake and nothing in the front.

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 07-18-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:03 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
I have had a shake while braking and I thought it was coming from the rear. I recently had an alignment and balance done to eliminate the chance of it being a tire. The shake hasn't been overly annoying just something that is progressively going to get worse in my eyes. This AM I slid the parking brake on in the parking lot while doing about 20-30mph and I could feel the shake start and intensify meaning it was and is the rear brakes causing the shake and nothing in the front.
Glad that you found the culprit.

Also when doing this test, it's a good idea to hold the brake release too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake and shake