3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Please help; Center counsel 06 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 11:44 PM
Art87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help; Center counsel 06 Dakota

hey everyone out there thank you for taking the time to read this post. I have been wanting to fix a broken center counsel on my 2006 dodge Dakota. i have not been able to find the right part which is the lid and cover in the right color online. does anyone have any suggestions? also can i change the center counsel with a different model, if so what models are available? if anyone can help, it would mean lot. thanks again.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:21 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm assuming that you have the full floor console, and not the middle seat fold down console?

If it's the full floor console, then it is easily replaceable. The tough part is finding the parts. Forum classifieds, Ebay, craigslist, or junkyards are the easiest way to find parts. Post a picture of exactly the part that you need.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:52 AM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Art87
hey everyone out there thank you for taking the time to read this post. I have been wanting to fix a broken center counsel on my 2006 dodge Dakota. i have not been able to find the right part which is the lid and cover in the right color online. does anyone have any suggestions? also can i change the center counsel with a different model, if so what models are available? if anyone can help, it would mean lot. thanks again.
Or maybe, he's in trouble so much he's looking for a lawyer that rides in the front seat with him . . . His last one is broken.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:14 AM
OH4DAKOTA4X
Default Center Console/Armrest Lid R&R

This is off the internet and it's not a Dakota ..
Closest I could find in comparison.
Is this correct ?
On the Dakota lid, metal hinge brackets are inside ??

If you're still looking for OEM parts for your console, check moparpartsoverstock.com
They are located in Florida.
I recently bought an 04 Quad Cab 4X4 an the center console/armrest lid was shot out. I ordered from them dark slate gray. It matches, no problems, EXCEPT . . .
Would someone Please explain to me how to properly insert the spring end into the new lid ?
I have the other end in the back console wall, as it was. Line up hinges, plastic spacer rocker, anti hyperextension thingys, and rod to tap through.
Just a tad uncertain about the placement of the spring end to the lid

Last edited by OH4DAKOTA4X; 12-27-2016 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added photo
Old 12-27-2016, 10:54 AM
dakotaff
Champion

That photo above is terrible, but if it's the spring that you need, good luck finding that part only.

Here are a couple of full floor console lids available on Ebay right now.

Gray

Black

Old 01-12-2019, 11:02 AM
ReliableBlue06Dak

My problem is that the lid itself is fine, but the plastic it bolts onto is cracking. Thus, every time I open it, it cracks further. Anyone have ideas on this?

By the way, the first link was for a 2005 sidways opening console. Not sure about all 2006's, but on mine, it's a front-opening console.

Last edited by ReliableBlue06Dak; 01-12-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Hit enter too soon
Old 01-12-2019, 11:08 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Same suggestions as have already been stated.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 AM
ReliableBlue06Dak

It's unfortunate that moparpartsoverstock.com doesn't carry the armrest for the 2006. They do for the 2007, but it's $800. I've spent the last two weeks looking for ebay items with no success as well. Appreciate the response, though. Hopefully I can find an epoxy that will keep the cracks from propagating.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:56 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Maybe a pull a part place?

Old 01-12-2019, 12:06 PM
dakotaff
Champion

Originally Posted by ReliableBlue06Dak
My problem is that the lid itself is fine, but the plastic it bolts onto is cracking. Thus, every time I open it, it cracks further. Anyone have ideas on this?

By the way, the first link was for a 2005 sidways opening console. Not sure about all 2006's, but on mine, it's a front-opening console.

It's unfortunate that moparpartsoverstock.com doesn't carry the armrest for the 2006. They do for the 2007, but it's $800. I've spent the last two weeks looking for ebay items with no success as well. Appreciate the response, though. Hopefully I can find an epoxy that will keep the cracks from propagating.
Both full floor console and middle seat fold down console were available from 2005-2007, the fold down middle seat small console opens from the front, and the full floor console opens from the side. You have the fold down middle seat smaller center console. The consoles are exactly the same in the 2005-2007 Dakotas.

Your best bet is to find a 05-07 Dakota in a junkyard near you, and go and remove and buy that parts that you need. You may have to buy the whole middle seat section, if that's the only way they might sell it. Use Car-Parts to locate what you need, look under 'front seats', some listings will provide pictures.

Last edited by dakotaff; 01-12-2019 at 03:29 PM.