3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2007 Laramie 4x4 4.7v8HO - No crank

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 09:34 AM
gaholfer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaholfer
I'll try this, although, before I ever experienced this issue, years ago I washed one of the keys in my jeans and the key "fob" never worked from that point. I always still use that key to manually unlock the door which would trigger the alarm, but the same "bad" key would still start the truck, shutting off the alarm...but I'll try anything.

Other than that, I'll update with what I've done since I last posted. I bought a PCM from Flagship One and had it shipped. Came quickly without issue. Supposed to plug and play, programmed with my VIN. I swapped it out and the there was absolutely no difference. Still no crank. So I told the Firestone mechanic and he insisted that the PCM MUST be programmed while in the vehicle. So he tried to go about that, after clearing MULTIPLE codes that came up that hadn't been there before, but he got down to the point where he required a "PIN" to continue the process. He tried calling multiple places to get the pin, to include the dealership and they would not provide it for him. So I called the dealership, made an appointment to have it programmed for Monday...I just dropped the truck off and while doing so, I went to the service desk explaining the situation again, hoping that I could talk someone into giving me the code...but not only would he NOT give me the code, but he proceeded to tell me that it is their strict policy that they do not program PCMs that have not been provided from factory and installed by them!!! You can imagine the level of PISSED I am at right now. No manager there today and won't be in until Monday...absolutely HATE dealing with anything dealership for this VERY reason!!!

So based on everyone's experience here, does the info I'm getting back sound true...is there a pin required to reprogram that only the dealership can provide?? I'm at a loss currently, other than just turning around and bending over and letting the frickin dealership have their way with me and paying them to fix it....GRRRR!!!!
Seriously, it can't be this difficult to get the PCM reprogrammed, right, even a refurbished/salvaged one for a 3rd party vendor?

Old 01-18-2018, 01:23 PM
gaholfer

Seriously, it can't be this difficult to get the PCM reprogrammed, right, even a refurbished/salvaged one for a 3rd party vendor?
No one? No one with similar PCM programming or 3rd party vendor experience?

Old 01-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

No one? No one with similar PCM programming or 3rd party vendor experience?
Just looked up that Vendor you got your PCM from, seeing a bunch of negative reviews .... maybe you got a dud?

Old 01-19-2018, 11:32 AM
WvChamp
Rookie

Shops that can program PCMs STILL have to have a Membership (PIN if you will) to the dealership (Manufacture) for their equipment (programmer) to work. It's all a money deal.
Sorry the other didn't work.
I take it the post by superdak05 about key fob repair didn't work either ?

Quick Reply: 2007 Laramie 4x4 4.7v8HO - No crank