3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New wheels and tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 02:57 PM
blazin202
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wheels and tires?

Hey guys - I have been going thru the posts with wheels & tire sizes but most trucks are lifted. I'm running a stock 2008 dakota 4x4 v8. New wheels I'm thinking of putting on are 18 x 9 +12 offset and 265/60/18R tires - BFGoodrich All Terrain KO2

Wondering if anyone has attempted it or knows how much trimming has to be done or should I opt for a different AT that fits a little better? Or is this going to be a disaster?

Old 07-28-2018, 03:32 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

The 265/60/18 tire will fit fine on a stock suspension, the only reason that you may need to trim is because the 18 x 9 wheel will sit an inch further out than the stock wheels. You can turn your wheels and see how close the tire is to the splash guards (front wheels), that's the place that you'd have to trim first, if at all. I would add at least an inch and a half though, allowing for the new tire and aggressive tread of the BFGs. The inner clearance should be fine, and the rear wheels will be fine too.

Stock offset is +25, with an 8" wide wheel. The tire will not be an issue, it's the wider wheel and lower offset that may cause an issue. Not a big issue either though.

Quick Reply: New wheels and tires?