3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Help with heater hoses - discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 05:38 PM
bigdodgeguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with heater hoses - discontinued?

Hi All,

Hope to get some help with heater hoses... I have a '06 Dakota with 4.7/auto and would like to replace the hoses. No problem with the upper & lower radiator, but having trouble locating replacement heater hoses.
I have been searching around quite a lot and not seeing much info on what Dodge has available, the latest from my inquiry at the dealer is Dodge has discontinued the metal tube/rubber portion of the assembly. The "top" hose from the firewall to the metal tube is available, but the metal tube & OEM fastener & rubber tube to the pump/block in not!!! WTF??? The Dodge dealer said to check out Mitsu for Raider parts... really?!?!?!?!? But that was not much of a help... nothing listed there!

I was thinking about carefully cutting off the lower connector and running just standard old hose from the pump to the tube...

What does everyone do? Thoughts or comments are appreciated!

Am I crazy or just hosed???? hahahahah....

BDG

Old 06-19-2018, 07:37 PM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Go to Rockauto and look under heat & air conditioning category for your model truck.There are several molded hoses listed.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:48 PM
bigdodgeguy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks daktwos... I have gone to rockauto and yes there are molded hoses for the portion out from the firewall to the metal tube (front of the engine), that's not the issue. However, my question is from the block/waterpump end up to the other end of the metal tubes. What do people do to replace that section?

Thanks for your input...

BDG

Old 06-20-2018, 01:40 PM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

5/8" bulk heater hose cut to length and the appropriate otiker or worm gear clamps.

Quick Reply: Help with heater hoses - discontinued?