3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Coils

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 07:08 PM
19dhyer
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coils

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4.7
Quick Question
Will Coils from earlier Gen Dakotas fit a Third Gen Dakota? Say 1988 Front Springs on a 2006.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:25 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Quick answer, no.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:25 PM
RicOshea
Rookie
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

2006 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab 4x4
4.7 H.O.. output
3.92 rear end
5 speed auto
inferno red

Just built a set coils using rancho strut RS5757 with moog 81350 spring and a monroe strut mount with lower monroe bumpstop and boot bellow ... added 1" lift to my front end. The moog spring had 10 links where as the stock had 9. I had contacted rancho for specs on there web through the "supposed tech help" but never got a reply. I wanted to know if some taller struts and springs were compatible.They have pages of Illustrated tech sheets but nothing really on spring data ... why I went with Moog springs. The skinny is the travel distance of the strut it'self paired with a proper spring. My goal was to level the front end without the poke and jiggery of spacers. KyB has struts that throw longer travel distance than the rancho but for the life of me I could not get the right spring specs. Springs need to be under tension load to really work so finding the right pair is a shot in the dark .. at least for this cowboy
I really wanted them red rancho springs tho ... I hear a red rattle can somewhere ...lol

Other mods add so far are ............ complete Moog suspension, stab bar bushings, stab bar link, upper and lower control arms, wheel hub bearing assembly ... basically all I kept was the steering knuckle and caster bolts for the lower. Every other thing was replaced including nuts and bolts

Quick Reply: Coils