3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Touch Screen Mods...WHat did you do to make it work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 11:59 AM
daves1255
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch Screen Mods...WHat did you do to make it work?

I have seen So Many Cool Mods to the Dakotas since joining and a project I am thinking of is a Touch screen radio...What did you do to make one fit and was it worth it? I have the Infinity one with a 6 cd setup...but hands free for phones and such to stay safe and not get the Non ***** Wonka Golden ticket is part of my concern....I know crutchfield said I had to change EVERYTHING out due to the Infinity setup up....and dont have the type radio to fit by what they show...
Asking those that created and can help a novice...

Old 07-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got the infinity and put in a touch screen 2din head unit only. I went with the axxess chto13 interface and steering wheel control. Had to cut a piece of plastic out of the cavity. Honestly haven't been 100% happy with it. Once in a while I turn the key off and the screen is still on. On the positive side, I really like having the ability of hands free calls and music from the phone, etc. Much better than the ol stock unit. Sounds real good with the stock amp and speakers also.

Thinking something is up with the interface, just haven't been back in there to inspect. There may be more options out there now for the interface, but axxess was all I could find back when I did mine. I'm no pro, tried to follow instructions and may have did something wrong. Quite a few have put em in on here if you search,

The following users liked this post:
daves1255 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 07:04 AM
daves1255
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What head unit did you use and got any pics?

Old 07-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by daves1255
What head unit did you use and got any pics?
I'm out of town, so can't get any pics. Only thing I know about my HU is it was JVC and on sale at the time . Used a faceplate that stays attatched to the bezel. It's wide enough to hide the **** cut outs. I'll get a pic once I get back to the truck.

daves1255 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 04:35 AM
philipat
Veteran
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

I added the UConnect 730N RHR. It was plug-and-play to make everything work. The only things I added were the auto-dimming mirror with microphone and the cable from mirror to radio and a GPS antenna with a combining cable. Overall everything was plug and play and I gained navigation, bluetooth, and a HDD while keeping my satellite radio. (original was the factory radio)

Link to the build thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...im-mirror.html

You could use UConnect 430N or 430 (N=navigation, no N = no navigation) but they require a separate bluetooth module.

My route is more expensive but it looks factory and has the most complete capability set that I could find.

daves1255 (07-16-2019)

Quick Reply: Touch Screen Mods...WHat did you do to make it work?