3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Starting/Running Fuel Delivery Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 10:21 AM
CMXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting/Running Fuel Delivery Issue

I’ve been in this group a week and already I need a hand.. Luckily this seems to be the most well informed group to ever exist, so I’m hopeful. Keep in mind I’m nowhere near as mechanically advanced as a lot of you, but I definitely came to the right place to keep learning.

‘07 V6 3.7 4-Speeds trans 160k miles 4x4

I’m pretty sure I have a fuel delivery issue. Truck starts up great cold, but when I’m in and out all day for work, it sounds like half the cylinders start firing but won’t fully kick over. Not a normal “no start”. I can turn the key and pump the gas pedal just right and it will kick through.

Terrible acceleration, fuel efficiency, and loss of power. Getting codes for P0175 (02 sensor) as well as 3 misfires live data. This is my first truck that I want to get my hands on and fix up as I go, but I’m stuck on this and don’t want to start the shotgun parts approach. Will run pressure test after work.

My uninformed and inexperienced conclusion came to the fuel pressure regulator. I’m hoping one of y’all sees this and knows exactly what it is, but I’m quickly learning it can always be a dozen different things.

I appreciate any help🙌

Old 03-12-2021, 10:49 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

It could be simply a bad O2 sensor, Passenger side, front sensor. Try unplugging it and see what happens.

8hA4bmt.png

Old 03-12-2021, 12:03 PM
CMXT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=dakotaff;3509475]It could be simply a bad O2 sensor, Passenger side, front sensor. Try unplugging it and see what happens.

Ok cool thank you. I’ll try that first before getting into anything more. So when I was going to replace it, I was going to replace the Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Driver side, post converter), but I keep hearing the pre-converter sensor sounds more like the possible issue. You’re saying the passenger side sensor before the converter? And also, when I unplug it, what am I looking for? Me and the truck are both a WIP, so I appreciate the help.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:45 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I'd just let it run without the O2 sensor, and see if somehow that it's really messing with the fuel mixture.

Quick Reply: Starting/Running Fuel Delivery Issue