3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

New R/T... Unfortunate problem already

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Eternalpower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Hi All! I have a 2012 Durango RT with 940 miles on it and it is currently at the dealer for service. Yup, the steering shake! The dealer called Crysler and they told them to put on the T rated Goodyears from the Citadel or the same Kumhos. I told them no way on the Goodyears and the dealer agreed that they were the wrong tires for the RT. So they are goining to but on a new set of Kumhos tomorrow. I don't think this will help. I am guesing that it is the quality of the wheels. Anyone with aftermarket wheels and stock Kumhos that had the shaking before, but with new wheels the shaking stopped?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Phoenix RT
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eternalpower
Hi All! I have a 2012 Durango RT with 940 miles on it and it is currently at the dealer for service. Yup, the steering shake! The dealer called Crysler and they told them to put on the T rated Goodyears from the Citadel or the same Kumhos. I told them no way on the Goodyears and the dealer agreed that they were the wrong tires for the RT. So they are goining to but on a new set of Kumhos tomorrow. I don't think this will help. I am guesing that it is the quality of the wheels. Anyone with aftermarket wheels and stock Kumhos that had the shaking before, but with new wheels the shaking stopped?
Hey buddy I have had the shake from mile 1 on my RT. First they replaced the tires w/ Kuhmos. Shake got better but still there so I went back and they put on another set of Kuhmos. Shake seemed to go away but came back again. Then they put on a set on Continentals, shake went away, now its back. I told dealer the shake was back and I would be coming in again. I know its the wheels but they said its not. I would buy an aftermarket set myself but if it turned out to still have the shake then they would probably tell me its my wheels so I have no choice but to stay stock until they offer another option. Not sure what to do next, very frustrating and time consuming.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Eternalpower

I got my Durango RT back last night. Dealer put on a new set of Kumhos. They test drove it and told me that the shaking got worse. Then they took them off again an rebalanced them. The steering wheel shake is gone for now, but I can still feel vibration from the seat. These tires are junk. I guess it's time for a set of 22's with some good quality rubber! The ride quality can't get any worse.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Phoenix RT
Rookie

Any luck on the tires? Im still battleing the shake, anyone else having it?

Old 06-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie

I have a 2012 durango rt on khumo tires with a mftr date of 12/2011. No shake, vibration or anything it is solid.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Dleigh18
Amateur

What is high speeds? i have an 2011 awd v6 and under 85mph is perfect so far, 23,000 miles

Quick Reply: New R/T... Unfortunate problem already