3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

No charge maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Citadel1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No charge maintenance?

Do all Durango's come with no charge scheduled maintenance for 3/36,000???

Old 08-26-2011, 01:08 AM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Only comes on CrewLux and Citadel, but I've heard rumblings that for the 2012 durango models they are discontinuing that.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Citadel1
Do all Durango's come with no charge scheduled maintenance for 3/36,000???
If you have a Durango and are not sure if it came with maintenance or not, you can PM me your VIN and I will check for you.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:40 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Can you check mine?....I sent you a PM.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Citadel1

Our Citadel window sticker states that it comes with it. Pretty interesting but no one at the dealer seemed to have a clue about the program including the service manager. Very happy with my dealer but shouldn't that have been communicated somehow to them?

I would think it would be a great selling feature - although if it has been discontinued for 2012 then not so much. Why the confusion and subsequent discontinuation?? Chrysler (Dodge, Jeep) have some fantastic new products, however the dealership experience is where the consumer makes their first impressions that transfer over partially to the vehicle good or bad. I will circle back with them.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by sidewinder9m
Can you check mine?....I sent you a PM.
Yours does. I sent you a PM with some other information.

Keep in mind all maintenance plans that come with the vehicle are put on as a Chrysler Service Contract. You should receive something in the mail telling you what is covered and how to use it.

I cannot tell you how many calls we get here demanding that we take the Maintenance Contract (that was included with purchase at no charge) off of the vehicle because they never wanted one. Even after the explanation some customers still demand we cancel it.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:29 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Citadel1
Our Citadel window sticker states that it comes with it. Pretty interesting but no one at the dealer seemed to have a clue about the program including the service manager. Very happy with my dealer but shouldn't that have been communicated somehow to them?

I would think it would be a great selling feature - although if it has been discontinued for 2012 then not so much. Why the confusion and subsequent discontinuation?? Chrysler (Dodge, Jeep) have some fantastic new products, however the dealership experience is where the consumer makes their first impressions that transfer over partially to the vehicle good or bad. I will circle back with them.
Citadel,

The finance manager should definitely mention it to you and should give you a copy of all incentives that come with the vehicle in your sale packet. Unfortunately, we understand that that does not always happen or maybe sometimes the customers forget. That is why you should receive something in the mail from Chrysler Service Contracts indicating what you have.

As far as the service manager goes, there is no way they will have knowledge of specific sales incentives such as free maintenance as there are so many programs and incentives and they change all the time. What the service adviser should do however, is to run your VIN when you take it in to check for any recalls or Service Contracts that are on your vehicle.

In spite of all the above, if you alert the service adviser that you have a maintenance contract, even if they didn't check it before, they can look it up at that point. It should only take a few seconds to run your VIN.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 AM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Citadel,

The finance manager should definitely mention it to you and should give you a copy of all incentives that come with the vehicle in your sale packet. Unfortunately, we understand that that does not always happen or maybe sometimes the customers forget. That is why you should receive something in the mail from Chrysler Service Contracts indicating what you have.

As far as the service manager goes, there is no way they will have knowledge of specific sales incentives such as free maintenance as there are so many programs and incentives and they change all the time. What the service adviser should do however, is to run your VIN when you take it in to check for any recalls or Service Contracts that are on your vehicle.

In spite of all the above, if you alert the service adviser that you have a maintenance contract, even if they didn't check it before, they can look it up at that point. It should only take a few seconds to run your VIN.

Okay so the most important question for you is..... Is the no cost maintenance being discontinued for 2012 citadels?

I mean you're talking about saving around 3-4000 dollars over those 3 years. Could be a real bad idea for dodge as selling Durangos goes.Because even if a lot of people haven't told you they don't know about it, about 90 percent of the people I know who bought 2011 durangos told me that was the main factor that made them decide on the Durango instead of other brands because of past issues with perceived Dodge vehicle reliability. If its being canceled, someones job needs to be canceled because this just shows how disconnected dodge is to the US customer population. People want reliability and customer service, everything else will come in due time as long as you take care of your customers.

Last edited by PowerDDanger; 08-27-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by PowerDDanger
Okay so the most important question for you is..... Is the no cost maintenance being discontinued for 2012 citadels?

I mean you're talking about saving around 3-4000 dollars over those 3 years. Could be a real bad idea for dodge as selling Durangos goes.Because even if a lot of people haven't told you they don't know about it, about 90 percent of the people I know who bought 2011 durangos told me that was the main factor that made them decide on the Durango instead of other brands because of past issues with Dodge vehicle reliability. If its being canceled, someones job needs to be canceled because this just shows how disconnected dodge is to the US customer population. People want reliability and customer service, everything else will come in due time as long as you take care of your customers.
Power,

I cannot tell you if they will extend the program for the 2012 models as that is up to the Marketing folks here at Dodge. What I can tell you is that this program covers routine maintenance, rental, roadside assistance, and trip interruption. If you desire to extend it beyond the 3/36 that is included at no charge, you can do so through any Dodge dealer.

Suggested retail price to take it to 4/48 is $375, 5/60 is $770, and 6/72 is $1035. While prices may vary and are negotiable in most states it is a very affordable program if you so desire to continue it.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Citadel1
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PowerDDanger

I mean you're talking about saving around 3-4000 dollars over those 3 years. Could be a real bad idea for dodge as selling Durangos goes.Because even if a lot of people haven't told you they don't know about it, about 90 percent of the people I know who bought 2011 durangos told me that was the main factor that made them decide on the Durango instead of other brands because of past issues with Dodge vehicle reliability. If its being canceled, someones job needs to be canceled because this just shows how disconnected dodge is to the US customer population. People want reliability and customer service, everything else will come in due time as long as you take care of your customers.
AGREE !! We almost bought an Acadia or an Enclave, my wifes first choice, but two things changed her mind. One was the Hemi, and two was the included scheduled maintenance she saw when she looked at the window sticker. I actually think the maintenance was what pushed her over the edge and made her go with the Citadel, I think her exact words were "Wow that's cool, GMC or Buick is not offering that".
I would highly encourage the marketing department to keep it in place and then promote it and train the salespeople to sell it!! The additional UPC cost will be offset by the sales volume increase. The vehicle will stand on its own but you need to get the public into the showroom to touch, feel, and drive it. To quote Ralph Gilles "We can't screw it up this time." I think he would agree with me on this point.

Quick Reply: No charge maintenance?