3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Losing presets

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:43 PM
rkeetec
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing presets

We lose our 2 seperate radio presets (rhr 730 radio) every once in a while. It happened several times, and the dealer replaced the radio but it still happens.Its a pain to keep presetting 12 radio presets for each AM/FM/sat, etc x 2 keys. Anyone else have this problem. Dealer said it coud be phones near the keys, both keys in car. annyone else have this problem. Its probably happened a dozen times
Also, is there a way to set the Nav NOT to automatically recalculate when it finds traffic. I wish they gave you the option to recalculate
Otherwise, Loving the Durango. Thanks

Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Naturalthud

I have a 730n and it keeps losing my home address.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 AM
East Coast Durango

I have a 2012 Citadel and have lost the presets a few times as well, most recently yesterday. It appears to happen sometimes, but not every time, when we switch between driver settings. Haven't yet taken it to the dealer for this, but it is frustrating.

I'm hoping there is a quick fix short of replacing the radio.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Waynead
Veteran

Bingo East Coast. The driver settings not only change the seat and mirrors and steering wheel, but the presets s well.

From the manual:

"Once programmed, the memory buttons 1 and 2 on the driver’s door panel can be used to recall the driver’s seat, driver’s outside mirror, adjustable steering wheel position (if equipped), and the radio station preset settings. Your Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters can also be programmed to recall the same positions when the UNLOCK button is pressed."

Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by East Coast Durango
I have a 2012 Citadel and have lost the presets a few times as well, most recently yesterday. It appears to happen sometimes, but not every time, when we switch between driver settings. Haven't yet taken it to the dealer for this, but it is frustrating.

I'm hoping there is a quick fix short of replacing the radio.

East,

Try this and see if it helps.

Case Number: S1108000114
Release Date: 10/21/2011

Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Radio Will Not Store Preset Radio Stations Or The Presets Get Lost Intermittently
Concern:
Radio will not store preset radio stations or the presets get lost intermittently. The customer sets their
radio presets and they are lost after an ignition key cycle. This applies to all radios and vehicles with
vehicles equipped with driver memory seat feature.

Diagnosis:
Vehicles equipped with driver memory seat feature can store two profiles. Each memory profile
contains desired position settings for the driver seat, side mirrors, adjustable pedals (if equipped), and
power tilt and telescopic steering column (if equipped) and a set of desired radio station presets. If
the vehicle appears to loose radio presets, check that the radio presets have been saved correctly or
if vehicle is equipped with memory seat feature. If equipped with memory seat feature, the vehicle
might already have memory profiles saved and the radio presets have been saved with different than
desired radio resets with currant driver.
A vehicle with memory seat feature will have a memory recall switch generally located on the driver’s
door, check vehicle owner manual. The switch contains an (S) button to activate the memory save
function. It also contains a rocker switch labeled with the number (1) and the number (2). The rocker
switch allows the driver to recall either of two pre-programmed memory profiles by pressing the
appropriate side of the switch. Your Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter can also be
programmed to recall the same positions when the UNLOCK button is pressed.

Repair Procedure:
Perform the following process:
1. Turn ignition on
2. Set desired radio presets
3. Save driver1 and/or driver2 memory settings (if equipped with memory)
4. Turn ignition off (remove key if it is non-passive entry)
5. Open door (this turns off accessory delay)
6. Close door (this allows the bus to start going to sleep)
7. Allow the bus to go to sleep. Make sure there is nothing to prevent the bus from going to sleep
such as the scan tool connected, door open, etc…
8. Presets should now be successfully saved, also refer to individual vehicle owner’s manuals for
slight variations between vehicle lines in programing.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by rkeetec
We lose our 2 seperate radio presets (rhr 730 radio) every once in a while. It happened several times, and the dealer replaced the radio but it still happens.Its a pain to keep presetting 12 radio presets for each AM/FM/sat, etc x 2 keys. Anyone else have this problem. Dealer said it coud be phones near the keys, both keys in car. annyone else have this problem. Its probably happened a dozen times
Also, is there a way to set the Nav NOT to automatically recalculate when it finds traffic. I wish they gave you the option to recalculate
Otherwise, Loving the Durango. Thanks

Rkeetec,

Try the fix I posted above and see if it helps with your issue.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Naturalthud
I have a 730n and it keeps losing my home address.

Natural,

Engineering is working on a fix for this issue and I will post it once it is released.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:38 PM
rkeetec

Thanks Chris. I will give it a try, but I don't see how this is different from how we set up originally
Every once ina while, we will just have blanks on the radio presets. And the radio presets are the only thing we lose. seats, etc stay the same.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM
rdkind62
Professional

Originally Posted by rkeetec
Thanks Chris. I will give it a try, but I don't see how this is different from how we set up originally
Every once ina while, we will just have blanks on the radio presets. And the radio presets are the only thing we lose. seats, etc stay the same.
Mine has had this issue once, but after I reset the buttons a second time I have not had the problem again.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Moe19
Amateur

I have the exact same issue. Haven't talked to the dealer about it yet. Funny, the only presets I lose are the SAT presets. The AM and FM presets never disappear. I too tried the "fix" but I still lose the presets on occasion. I also lose the "Home" location intermittently too. I don't lose it at the same time I lose the presets. Tough to diagnose those intermittent problems.

Quick Reply: Losing presets