Print Wikipost

Key Fob Battery Replacement

Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Fob Battery Replacement

Hey all,

The proximity and remote functions of my key fob started to have a terrible range yesterday, and then this morning an error popped up on the center cluster screen saying the battery was low. Is this something I can change myself? Or does the dealer have to do it? I wasn't sure if removing the battery would make it lose its programming or not...this is the only fob I have as well until the second one (new from the dealer) comes in next week. If I can, whats the best way to pry it apart, and what type of battery is used?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM
undertow999
Amateur

Originally Posted by 03neonRT
Hey all,

The proximity and remote functions of my key fob started to have a terrible range yesterday, and then this morning an error popped up on the center cluster screen saying the battery was low. Is this something I can change myself? Or does the dealer have to do it? I wasn't sure if removing the battery would make it lose its programming or not...this is the only fob I have as well until the second one (new from the dealer) comes in next week. If I can, whats the best way to pry it apart, and what type of battery is used?

Thanks!
Check out the owners manual (pg 27) http://www.autodealertools.com/quick...11/Durango.pdf

Basically you remove the emergency key from the fob and use it or a flathead screw driver to pry apart the key fob. Hope this helps.

edit: I think the battery is a DL2032 battery. Not 100% sure but I think that is the correct one.

Last edited by undertow999; 09-28-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Thanks. I knew it wasn't difficult to change the battery (like other fobs out there)...just wanted to make sure it wouldn't wipe out any programming before I did it since its my only one right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Key Fob Battery Replacement