3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

'11+ Tuner - Finally!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbindley
As I mentioned earlier, Diablo did say they expect the Durango tune to be released by "end of month." So not much longer.
Probably more true than what they have advertised on the website.

http://www.diablosport.com/intune-dcx-update.html

They have it listed under the inTune-DCX as available, but I'm sure there are some tweaks still to be done.

Only way to really help them is to get one, plug it in and send over the Calibration ID.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:20 PM
rrjjpp74
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info mac, will be looking forward to seeing some updates.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by rrjjpp74
Good info mac, will be looking forward to seeing some updates.
Me too! I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I'm sure the tuner works on some Durangos, but I'm willing to bet Diablo hasn't seen all the Calibration IDs that have been distributed.

Now, you're probably 100% correct on the Trinity. They have nothing listed for the Durango for that yet. I'm sure its coming too.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
sbindley
Professional

I was just quoting from the email I received from Diablo last week:

<<This is true, but this is an all new part number Intune that is not yet released to the public. It should become available at the end of the month.

Vas V.

Diablosport Technical Support>>

Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 AM
mac424
Professional

Just an update. I got an email from Diablo tech support saying that they made a fix to the intue-dcx so that it would work in my car. I plugged the tuner in to my pc and it updated. After the software update, the Cal ID for the D was still not recognized. I emailed them again with all the info and they've told me that my specific computer isn't supported at the moment. Their engineers are working on the fix.

Oh the joys of being a pioneer. Either way, I'm not worrying, it all takes times. I wish I was closer to their HQ, I'd stop over and lend the truck for some R&D.

I'll keep the updates coming as I find out more.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM
CMil527
Champion

Originally Posted by mac424
Just an update. I got an email from Diablo tech support saying that they made a fix to the intue-dcx so that it would work in my car. I plugged the tuner in to my pc and it updated. After the software update, the Cal ID for the D was still not recognized. I emailed them again with all the info and they've told me that my specific computer isn't supported at the moment. Their engineers are working on the fix.

Oh the joys of being a pioneer. Either way, I'm not worrying, it all takes times. I wish I was closer to their HQ, I'd stop over and lend the truck for some R&D.

Thanx for the update, you have to be frustrated but your staying positive...props bro! Hopefully they get you squared away soon!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
D3-Blk-Hemi
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mac424

I guess my issue and RMA to get it fixed is not in vane. I wouldn't be able to connect anyway.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by CMil527
Thanx for the update, you have to be frustrated but your staying positive...props bro! Hopefully they get you squared away soon!
Honestly, I'm not frustrated at all, but thanks man! There are 2 ways to look at the situation. You could get mad, yell, kick, scream and cry about it or you can offer to help them solve it. I'm choosing to help where I can.

I work for a software development company so I've been in the same boat they're in right now with new products. We have some clients that will get mad when things don't work and some clients offer to help as much as possible so that it gets fixed quicker.

I can't say that they've failed with the new inTune-DCX. There are 2011+ cars using it. They just have some bugs. I'm interested in seeing what happens when people get PCM updates and the Calibration ID changes.

Last edited by mac424; 01-23-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by D3-Blk-Hemi
I guess my issue and RMA to get it fixed is not in vane. I wouldn't be able to connect anyway.
Maybe, maybe not. You might be able to connect and have no issues at all. Its all on the Calibration ids right now. They are able to unlock some and not others. They're working on the one I gave them now so we'll see.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
wildspeed
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I updated mine this morning and will be pluging it in the car tonight.
Will post the outcome.....

Quick Reply: '11+ Tuner - Finally!!?