3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Starting problems on '12 Citadel

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
notenuftoys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problems on '12 Citadel

I've searched, and some of the other starting problems seem to different than the one I have. Or rather, my wife has, since it's her vehicle.

It's happened at least 6-7 times now, but when she goes to start it, it cranks and cranks, but doesn't fire. It's like there's no spark. After she tries it several times, it will eventually fire. But tonight it took about 30 minutes. I'm out of town and the kids were at home since she was just making a quick run to the grocery store. So this was the last straw for her.

Any ideas? It hasn't happened to me since I rarely drive it, so unfortunately I can't give any other details.

When she finally got home, she called the service dept at the dealer, and they said bring it in, with both key fobs. They haven't seen the problem, but they've heard of it. I can't find anything on here on on Google that seems similar.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM
mac424
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say to the dealer it goes! The fact that they're telling you to bring both keys means that there might be an issue with the sensory key (or whatever you want to call it). Basically, its the communication between the key and the car. They have to be able to recognize each other.

They're probably going to run some tests to make sure the system is working as it should and then re-program the keys to the vehicle.

Good luck!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer visit for sure could be any number of things.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Notenuftoys,

Definitely have it diagnosed by the dealer, as CMil had mentioned anyone can suggest what may be causing it but the dealer will be able to pin point the concern and resolve it for you.

If you need additional assistance or have any inquiries PM me for further review.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
notenuftoys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to pass on an update. Took it to the dealer, and within a couple of hours I got a phone call. Evidently there was an update to the PCM that addressed this specific issue.

I'm traveling this week, so I don't have the specifics from the receipt. If you want to know, I can look it up this weekend.

Quick Reply: Starting problems on '12 Citadel