3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2013 durango push button start

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tamuskie
I just bought a used 2011 Dakota Crew. I have to stick the fob in the ignition and turn it to start, however when I enter the cab the "step on brake and push button to start" message lights up. This leads me to believe I may just need to install the button. Is that the case?
I would recommend to log onto the Dodge Owner's Center and request a build sheet for your VIN. You should be able to see if the car/truck is equipped with the push-to-start option. I requested a build sheet for my '13 D with all the option codes using email via the Contact Us link and they responded within 2-3 days (very quick response).

Old 10-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Waynead
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a test:

Poke your finger in the hole where the key goes. If it cycles the ignition switch, all you really need is the $20 push button. Seriously. I have the push button start and if I remove the button, I can start it with my finger.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:54 PM
2012sxt
Professional

yes all that button does is makes contact with the inside ring insdie where the key would go if you put key in...if you stick your finger in you will feel the outside ring and you can just push it. Mine does not have push button option but if i stick my finger in the hole it will still push the ring down, but nothing happens

Old 04-16-2019, 02:00 PM
J Ranson
Lightbulb 2013 push button

Originally Posted by NWDodger
What model and options does your D have? I ask because I bought a new crew last month and was trying to add this feature only to find that it was already installed and just the button itself was missing (even though the sales guy said it didnt come with it).

If you have keyless/go listed on your sticker you may be in my same boat. You would know this because I was having to start the vehicle by inserting the butt end of the key fob and turning it (weird).

Otherwise these guys are right that you are SOL.

Question ? Did your Durango’s dash prompt you to press break before you could start the vehicle before you had the button installed????

Quick Reply: 2013 durango push button start