DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/)
-   -   Back up camera has condensation (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/352927-back-up-camera-has-condensation.html)

St.Char 04-09-2013 11:18 PM

Back up camera has condensation

Just started noticing this after my last car wash, any ideas on ways to get rid of it. You can even see it in the lens from the outside.

firemanprice 04-10-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by St.Char (Post 2998221)
Just started noticing this after my last car wash, any ideas on ways to get rid of it. You can even see it in the lens from the outside.

Noticed it on mines 2 weeks ago to. Though I'd give it a few days to clear, never did. Took it to the dealership and they agreed. Now I have a new camera, you may want to do the same thing.

SLAINTE06 04-10-2013 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by firemanprice (Post 2998309)
Noticed it on mines 2 weeks ago to. Though I'd give it a few days to clear, never did. Took it to the dealership and they agreed. Now I have a new camera, you may want to do the same thing.

Haha , please share how the heck you got your dealership to agree with something???? :icon_omg:

firemanprice 04-10-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by fintan06 (Post 2998325)
Haha , please share how the heck you got your dealership to agree with something???? :icon_omg:

I know I was shocked to. Just explained to my Service Advisor what I could see not only on the video when I'm reverse but also on the camera it self. I also explained how at night it has really limited my view of What's Behind me. Now it's become a safty issue, that's when he got a flashlight and looked into the camera housing. He was like yes I do see something, let's order a new one and I'll call you when it's in. All you could see after he said that was a dust cloud because I was out before they could change there minds.

St.Char 04-10-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by firemanprice (Post 2998448)
I know I was shocked to. Just explained to my Service Advisor what I could see not only on the video when I'm reverse but also on the camera it self. I also explained how at night it has really limited my view of What's Behind me. Now it's become a safty issue, that's when he got a flashlight and looked into the camera housing. He was like yes I do see something, let's order a new one and I'll call you when it's in. All you could see after he said that was a dust cloud because I was out before they could change there minds.

Funny...I"ll give this a shot, thanks!

firemanprice 04-10-2013 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by St.Char (Post 2998478)
Funny...I"ll give this a shot, thanks!

Keep us posted on how it goes.

JRRF 04-10-2013 04:01 PM

Try a hair dryer. As the weather changes the condensation is likely to go away anyway.

raycm 04-10-2013 09:15 PM

Moisture/air is getting into the camera. You could use liquid sealant to seal the seams of the camera. I used liquid electrical tape. Leave the camera in direct sunshine to evacuate the moisture without damage.

Ray

DDCREW 04-10-2013 09:46 PM

If car still under warranty, have the dealer replace the camera assembly. The camera should withstand outdoor weather conditions, including car washes.

St.Char 04-29-2013 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by St.Char (Post 2998221)

-->UPDATE<---
The camera was fogging up really bad after driving it, so one day last week I was able to replicate the foggy condensation building up in the camera lens. So, I was close to the dealer and decided to take it by and let them see it. As soon as I pulled up the rear camera view, there were no questions asked, full replacement. I think it may be better then before.