3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Diablo DCX tune install today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo DCX tune install today!

Going to install the Diablo DCX 87 tune today. I pulled the tuner out of the box plugged it in to my laptop and had no problems with it updating at all. I have a full tank so I'm not going to install the higher octane tune until I run this one dry....which we all know doesn't take long....hahaha!

Anyway I will pull some stock numbers (suitcase muffler delete) with my GTimer and then pull some more after the tune. I will wait for around 45 min for all the run cycles to fully set in before I pull the after numbers. I will then pull more numbers after I install the intake and then after I install the cat-back and once again with the 91 tune. I am hoping to provide as much feedback for those that are on the fence with getting a tuner and which tuner to get.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:10 PM
budoboy1
Veteran

Cool. Looking forward to your results

Old 04-21-2013, 03:07 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updates?

Old 04-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Ok did some runs with the GTimer and then tried to do the install. When it came time to cycle the key I thought that pushing the button would do it but it didn't and for a moment I thought that I was going to be on the side of the road with a dead rig. Well I popped the push button and then used the key fob to cycle the key and installed the 87 tune with 20% throttle boost. I did a couple more runs with the Gtimer and saw a small increase in the numbers but not much. Now mind you this is the 87 octane so the lower of the 3 tunes and only said to give 18 HP and 20 TQ. It did feel better of the line and the throttle response is greatly improved and in fact too sensitive so I dialed it back to 10%. I didn't give it time for all the run cycles to take place so over the week I will give more feedback. Now for me the big difference is going to be after the intake/ cat-back/ and 92 CMR tune is installed but so far my impressions so far are good. And there were too many adjustments you can make with the tuner so I need to do more homework and talk with my tuner for advice.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:45 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your pleased so far.. that would be my concern with the diablo unit as well, so many options!

Old 04-21-2013, 11:18 PM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Once you get all installed dyno it if you can so we can have solid numbers to compare.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:38 PM
budoboy1
Veteran

Comparing dyno numbers isn't going to tell you much as dynos rarely compare to each other. They hardly are repeatable on the same dyno either in my experience. I did 33 dyno runs once on my charger with a bunch of different mods and it took about 3-5 runs to get the car to baseline repeatably. The numbers kept climbing without me even doing anything to the car.

Different dyno types, makes, calibrations, atmospheric conditions and the temperature of your coolant/oil/intake air temperature can put your results all over the place.

With that said I still would love to see some dyno numbers :-)

Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
V for Victory
All Star

My local AWD dyno shop told me last week I could get acouple of runs for 80 bucks, just might do it this week. I have CAI, Hypertech Interpector, with no exhaust mods yet. Dont want to step on this thread though, maybe start another one after my runs.

Hemibuck, good luck and I hope you see great inmprovements which each Mod you add and the huigher octane tunes.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

No plans for a dyno sorry guys. Not worth the money and oil change needed if you do multiple runs just to get some numbers that aren't very consistent because of the variables mentions above. Plus Spokane doesn't have a great place to hop into and get a few pulls let alone an AWD dyno. I will let my numbers on the GTimer be my barometer and the seat of my pants!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Update.....great throttle response but when you are going light on the throttle there seems to be a lag or lull in the power between gears 1-2 and 2-3. Told my tuner about it and the key cycle problems. Diablo is working on the key cycle problems and the others will be fixed for me after he sees some logs. Other than that it's great! The intake and exhaust showed up today so I am going to install them on Thursday and Friday...only have so much free time...hahah!

Quick Reply: Diablo DCX tune install today!