3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

14 Durango RT 0-60 and 1/4 mile times

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Real world yet to be seen. The V6 benefits the most from the 8 speed without a doubt!
That trans supports the lower tq output of V6 engines for sure. With proper programming(which we dont have yet) The Hemi can perform well and deliver the Tq and power to get it moving with the 6 speed as well.
The primary reason They did this was gas mileage the side benefit was a little more drivability and efficiency.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:33 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

So we're all supposed to run out and buy a '14 so we feel better? Don't quite get your point, especially citing the GC road tests. DD's are 300+ pounds heavier, and the V6 will be a bit slower than the 2/10ths difference. Also, last time I checked, some vehicles are faster than others, even when identically equipped.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 AM
clh1220
Amateur

is the Durango supposed to be a race car.I understand power for hauling .but not power for 0 to60 times or 1/4 mile times. I got mine cause it looks good getting where I'm going.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:28 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't buy it either and I don't go by Jeep numbers cause we don't drive Jeep's... I definately agree with Steve on this it's simply about driveability and fuel economy until I see otherwise on the Durango platform.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

here ya go then....LOL! Straight from the SUv of the year at motortrend. The 14 Durango did VERY well. 0-60 in 6.6 seconds! That's outstanding and the same as the jeep even though its a couple hundred pounds heavier. AND...I didn't start this thread...and if you look at the thread title....the OP is asking for these numbers, results, reviews. Some need some reading comprehension......

Also...I see why the 14 guys have been pushed away from this forum......

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...e_hyundai.html

Old 10-10-2013, 01:05 PM
CMil527
Champion

Huh?? Why does everything turn into a bickerfest between you and I in every thread with the LOL crap?? The OP asked for impressions and opinions to which I gave mine from what I've read and spoke to 2 Dodge rep's at the NYIAS in regards to the new Durango and the 8spd it's now using, then comes you opinion supported by Jeep facts which are valid in that they share a platform (size & weight differ) and I simply reply again stating I would love to see some real world experience and here comes the next LOL reply from you and how this forum has pushed away members with '14's??? WTF Scott seriously??

Old 10-10-2013, 01:08 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Scott no 14 guys have been pushed away...They just came out. Not everyone has enough money to keep jumping to the next best thing coming from Detroit.
We are all Durango owners...we all try and help each other but you come in here and slam every prior Chrysler product because you buy the latest and greatest all the time (god bless you) but that isnt real world. Why not come in here and offer suggestions on performance Mods if you are so knowledgable. I personally took off my hypertech upon your advice and Sean from Hemifever and am saving currently for the trinity prorammer.
Coming off as a Cocky Kid in the school yard quoting every media outlet some real some inflated is just nuts. You are well respected in this community as well as the jeep community and with Chrysler and we respect that.
Thanks for all your positive input.
STEVE(the guy with 2/10th's of a second slower Durango)

Old 10-10-2013, 01:09 PM
CMil527
Champion

Lol 2014 bias in effect!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

just stating the facts...that's what Im about. Not "real world opinions" You guys have backed your opinions with 0 facts. Every single one of you have posted your opinions that the 8 speed and improvements are only gas mileage and drivablity...when that's entirely not true. Just being honest with the OP and not giving my opinion.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:12 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
here ya go then....LOL! Straight from the SUv of the year at motortrend. The 14 Durango did VERY well. 0-60 in 6.6 seconds! That's outstanding and the same as the jeep even though its a couple hundred pounds heavier. AND...I didn't start this thread...and if you look at the thread title....the OP is asking for these numbers, results, reviews. Some need some reading comprehension......

Also...I see why the 14 guys have been pushed away from this forum......

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...e_hyundai.html
Thanx for the info.

Last time I checked RT stood for either Road and Track or Racing Technology. Why put this moniker on a Durango if it doesn't have some ***** to back up the badging.

Is it a race car? No, but it is a "muscle truck" in the RT trim. There are several muscle or sport SUV/Trucks on the market that making the driving experience fun and interesting. I will be drag racing my RT @ Englishtown on the 25th for ****s and giggles.

Quick Reply: 14 Durango RT 0-60 and 1/4 mile times