3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

730N (RHR) USB Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 06:58 PM
911Boulder
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 730N (RHR) USB Problem

I'm thinking about throwing some music and such on my HDD in the D for an upcoming road trip... But when I opened the USB cover on the headunit, there isn't a USB slot there...

Now my questions are:

- 1. Is there a replacement part I can order to fix the USB slot on the head unit...?

- 2. Can use the USB slot in the center console to put files onto my HDD...?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 AM
St.Char
Professional

I've only used DVD's to download to my HDD, didn't realize you could do this from the USB port too. If you have been doing this by using the port from the head unit, the port in the center console should work the same.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:40 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

I have audio books which I tried to rip in from DVD in the Durango, but it sequenced the chapters incorrectly - which is a huge pain for an ebook. But - when ripped in on my computer and stored to a USB stick, it plays them fine and doesn't jumble the order. I still use the hard drive for music - and it never messes up the order. So - you can play directly from USB - ought to be able to rip also.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:20 PM
lkrouse

Are you sure there isn't a usb connection there in the head unit . .... mine has it.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:23 PM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

St.Char - According to the user guide, in the 730N section, it states than you can copy to the HDD either from a CD or USB jump drive.

"• Before using the HDD mode, you will need to copy songs and pictures to the internal hard drive. Songs and pictures can be added to the hard drive by using a CD or USB device (e.g. thumb drive or memory stick)."

Instructions on how to do it are also provided.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:47 PM
911Boulder
Rookie

Originally Posted by lkrouse
Are you sure there isn't a usb connection there in the head unit . .... mine has it.
Yes, I'm sure... When I flip up the cover for the USB input on the face of the head unit, there isn't one there... (As stated in the original post)

Quick Reply: 730N (RHR) USB Problem