3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango Wheel Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:40 AM
ChadD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Durango Wheel Swap?

I have a new 2014 Durango R/T on the way, but it is coming with the 20" polished aluminum with black pockets, a $495 "upgrade". I actually prefer the 20" hyper black wheels.

http://www.dodge.com/assets/images/v...Wheels-WRK.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/assets/images/v...Wheels-WRH.jpg

I have asked the dealer if they are willing to swap them for me, but I have not heard back. Is anyone interested in swapping with me? I could have them powder coated, but I would prefer not to spend any more money than I have already.

I am in the Atlanta area.

Thanks

Old 01-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell the dealer you won't accept it without the ralley wheels and that they need to reduce the cost. They will sell them to someone else and make money. Don't take no for an answer.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Tell the dealer you won't accept it without the ralley wheels and that they need to reduce the cost. They will sell them to someone else and make money. Don't take no for an answer.
they can't swap this onto a new vehicle, and sell the vehicle as new afterwards.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChadD
I have a new 2014 Durango R/T on the way, but it is coming with the 20" polished aluminum with black pockets, a $495 "upgrade". I actually prefer the 20" hyper black wheels.

http://www.dodge.com/assets/images/v...Wheels-WRK.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/assets/images/v...Wheels-WRH.jpg

I have asked the dealer if they are willing to swap them for me, but I have not heard back. Is anyone interested in swapping with me? I could have them powder coated, but I would prefer not to spend any more money than I have already.

I am in the Atlanta area.

Thanks
So, you bought it off the lot or ordered it? trying yo figure out why you seem to be stuck with them

Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
humyz
Professional

I had this same dilema when I got my DD. Beast has the polished rims with black pockets and I wanted the Ralley gunmetal rims. After seeing them in person and now clean after I have had them for a couple weeks, I love them polished with black pockets.

But you should get what you want. I bought my 2008 Saturn Aura new with different rims on it than the window sticker said and got the difference in price - exactly like what you are describing.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:26 PM
ChadD

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
So, you bought it off the lot or ordered it? trying yo figure out why you seem to be stuck with them
Dealer ended up finding one from out of state that met most of my wants so I went ahead and got it. The only thing I don't love is those wheels. I spoke to the dealer today. He doesn't have another R/T on the lot, but said if he gets one in the next month, he will trade them for me. I don't feel confident that is going to happen.

Last edited by ChadD; 01-04-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:51 PM
ChadD

Anyone know if the painted pocket wheels have a clear coat on them? The powder coating place said they could do it for $50 per wheel, but if the wheels had a clear coat on them, that would have to come off first via sand-blasting, which they do not do.

It seems like it would not really be worth doing if I had to go through all of that.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:16 PM
jshillin
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChadD
Anyone know if the painted pocket wheels have a clear coat on them? The powder coating place said they could do it for $50 per wheel, but if the wheels had a clear coat on them, that would have to come off first via sand-blasting, which they do not do.

It seems like it would not really be worth doing if I had to go through all of that.
I personally wouldn't have them powdercoated if they were not sandblasted and would be leery of a powdercoating place that didn't have a sandblaster.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 PM
cjlucas78
Rookie

Get it in writing, then they can't go back on it. Make them put it in writing that if they do not get one in stock to trade wheels within a month, they will order them for you.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:06 PM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

I may have a chance to swap wheels. They can't get my 2013 RT with 3000 miles to stop shaking above 60mph. I think it's the wheels.

Don't know if I like my blacktop wheels better than the new 14 RT wheels.

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango Wheel Swap?