3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Water on my floor board 2012 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:15 PM
St.Char
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water on my floor board 2012 Durango

It's been raining like crazy around here, a couple days ago I noticed a considerable amount of water standing on the passenger floor board. So after many towels to soak up the water, I pull up the door sill and could see that water seemed to get down under the floor pan through the tab holes from the trim around the door, didn't seem like much but after driving the D, I looked again and it was gone.

My question is, where do you think the water went and if it's still under the floor pan, will it evaporate
(2) Is there an exit somewhere in the floor pan for the water to escape or is there and an access point somewhere in or under the car to drain the water.
(3) Should I be concerned about the wiring that goes through the floor pan. I did notice some wiring running along the door. Thx. guys!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:36 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Make sure its not the HVAC Drain that is doing it
Did you actually see water coming in or just find it where you said
If AC drain is clogged the water will leak under the dash under the carpet on the passenger side
Any moisture should be dried up as it could have a long term effect on the wiring and its connections
STEVE

Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Get out the shop vac and start sucking, then switch to the blower side and dry it out. Leave the blower hose in there for like a half hour. I would spread out an absorber like towel under the carpet and continue to check. Like Steve said if your not positive that it's water entering from outside get your hvac and heater core checked out.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:38 PM
St.Char
Professional

Thanks guys. First time I ever noticed water in the car. Not sure how to even get underneath the floor pan, the carpet has dried out though.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Check that AC Drain or you will have a lot more in there soon!
STEVE

Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by St.Char
Thanks guys. First time I ever noticed water in the car. Not sure how to even get underneath the floor pan, the carpet has dried out though.

I checked to see if there were any service bulletins related to water leaks on your vehicle and nothing is coming up. I would have the dealer check the vehicle in the area of the water leak.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:35 AM
St.Char
Professional

Anyone know if there is an access point to the floor pan just in case there might be some water still under there.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:57 PM
J6L
Rookie

I too noticed water on the passenger side floor after it rained. I pulled off the side kick panel and noticed the drain for the moonroof was disconnected. I simply plugged it back in and no more water. So if your 'D' has a moonroof you might want to check the drain tube on the passenger side.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:55 PM
St.Char
Professional

Originally Posted by J6L
I too noticed water on the passenger side floor after it rained. I pulled off the side kick panel and noticed the drain for the moonroof was disconnected. I simply plugged it back in and no more water. So if your 'D' has a moonroof you might want to check the drain tube on the passenger side.
Bingo! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Water on my floor board 2012 Durango