DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango-154/)
-   -   A/C Condenser Leaking ATF (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-durango/379778-a-c-condenser-leaking-atf.html)

DodgeBowes 09-23-2014 12:12 PM

A/C Condenser Leaking ATF

So I noticed a leak the other day and after further inspection, it turns out to be a transmission fluid leak from the cooler of the AC condenser. Now it wont start up and I was curious to get input on best course of action here.

Obviously I need it towed, but was trying to get insight on roughly what this should cost me in the end. Would this be part of the power train warranty?

DodgeCares 09-24-2014 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by DodgeBowes (Post 3197305)
So I noticed a leak the other day and after further inspection, it turns out to be a transmission fluid leak from the cooler of the AC condenser. Now it wont start up and I was curious to get input on best course of action here.

Obviously I need it towed, but was trying to get insight on roughly what this should cost me in the end. Would this be part of the power train warranty?

If it is a leak from trans cooler lines then it is not covered by the powertrain warranty. It would be covered under 3 yr/36,000 basic warranty. You didn't mention vehicle model, year or mileage on vehicle.

TNtech 09-24-2014 12:00 PM

The top 1/3 of the condenser is actually the trans cooler. I guess you already figured that though. Also, if there is a hole from a rock or something they won't cover it either, because if they return a damaged part to Chrysler they will kick the claim back.

I don't recall there being a known issue with trans cooler leaks.

potsyboy 03-02-2015 01:30 PM

Having the same issue, anyone else check theirs for it? The "leak" is more of a seep though. Since it's a "maintenance free" transmission system I don't know how I would replace the tranny fuild after swapping it out. Thoughts? $1,200 fis at the stealership.

yata20 03-02-2015 03:03 PM

same here leak from trans cooler i think is early for this kind of things to fail my DD v6 2012 only 43000 miles
stealership wants 950.00 way to much for something that takes around 2 to 3 hours and 250.00 on parts and the freon they would put it back on.

Frozentoze 09-17-2015 03:22 PM

Me too

Seems to be the same issue with mine, troubleshooting still at the moment. V6 2012 33,000 miles but warranty was up in May.

My power steering reservoir is dropping though, either we don't have it diagnosed right or I have two system leaks at the same time. Joy buying $25/bottle pentosin steering fluid for the 3.7 while we work this out.

Seriously, at 33k, wtf.

shelbymopar89 09-18-2015 12:17 PM

I already had mine replaced (2011 R/T) Same thing, it started weeping from the drivers side top. Mine fell under the lifetime warranty that I purchased, BTW it has already been paid back to me!

NY-Durango 09-22-2015 11:19 AM

Had same problem with my 2011 crew Lux but was lucky it happened at 35,500 miles and was covered under warranty they changed trans lines, cooler and had to recharge a/c. Since they had to replace trans fluid I had them do a trans service and they only charged me for the filter. From what I am seeing here it appears to be a common problem but unfortunately the customer in most cases is left with the bill.

Frozentoze 12-08-2018 02:37 PM

And I’m nailed a second time

so i has this issue at 33,000 miles. Had it replaced at outside shop for $750. The AC recharge and the cooler are most of the cost.

At the time, I asked the mechanic, “why wouldn’t this just happen to the new one if it’s a manufacturing or design issue?” He said there’s no reason to expect the new one will do any better, but what else do you want me to do here?

And so, $750 for 56,000 miles before 2nd leaked. Now I’m contemplating what to do next.