3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

This truck is the worst piece of **** ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:32 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry This truck is the worst piece of **** ever!!!

I'm sooooooooo ****in glad I was an auto tech for several years prior to buying this **** box that I knew not to buy a Chrysler and went with a lease instead. The pretty looks drew me in but this bitch got a disease! From the day I bought it in July 2012, nothing but electrical that still pester me to this day.

My rear AC/heat blower motor has stopped working about 4 times. My foglights stopped working twice. My airbag light kept intermittently coming on to the point it was hard for the dealer to catch it. Because of all these issues, my vehicle is on about the 6th or 7th TIPM module. The 730N radio/nav is BUGGY as hell and often becomes unresponsive. My rear interior is rattly and noisy while driving due to the panels being ripped out several times to diagnose why the blower keeps failing. They put two blower motors in and an ac control module only to find out the rear body harness needed to be replaced due to faulty factory wiring.

Every time the dealer has my vehicle for repairs they have it for over 2 weeks and they have crappy loaners that you often have to wait 1-2 weeks for availability for. I JUST got my vehicle back after the 4th blower motor repair 2 mondays ago after waiting 2 and a half weeks. Then that same Friday I had to take it BACK to dealer because the heat stopped working on one of the coldest days of this year. Turned out to be a leaking water pump this time. That cost me two hours of missed work. If I add up all the time my truck has sat at the dealer since I got it, it would be between 4-5 months worth of time. The dealer had the truck for over 30 days during my first month of ownership.

And guess what?! I have to now take it back again because the drivers side self leveling headlamp motor isn't working and my headlight is pointed at the ****ing ground!!!! It never ends with this damn truck! 28,000 miles! What a disappointment!

I drove a damn Hyundai for 10 years prior to this and didn't have 1/10 of the problems I have with this truck, which is 4x the price of the Hyundai! Chrysler's customer support sucks! They wouldn't replace the truck under lemon law because it's not safety issues I'm having! What a joke! Totally ruined my new car buying experience.

That's it! Rant over. Needed to vent!

Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 12-15-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:41 AM
kell4life
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, sorry you're having a tough time. Sounds like you got a lemon.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:54 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
I'm sooooooooo ****in glad I was an auto tech for several years prior to buying this **** box that I knew not to buy a Chrysler and went with a lease instead. The pretty looks drew me in but this bitch got a disease! From the day I bought it in July 2012, nothing but electrical that still pester me to this day. My rear AC/heat blower motor has stopped working about 4 times. My foglights stopped working twice. My airbag light kept intermittently coming on to the point it was hard for the dealer to catch it. Because of all these issues, my vehicle is on about the 6th or 7th TIPM module. The 730N radio/nav is BUGGY as hell and often becomes unresponsive. My rear interior is rattly and noisy while driving due to the panels being ripped out several times to diagnose why the blower keeps failing. They put two blower motors in and an ac control module only to find out the rear body harness needed to be replaced due to faulty factory wiring. Every time the dealer has my vehicle for repairs they have it for over 2 weeks and they have crappy loaners that you often have to wait 1-2 weeks for availability for. I JUST got my vehicle back after the 4th blower motor repair 2 mondays ago after waiting 2 and a half weeks. Then that same Friday I had to take it BACK to dealer because the heat stopped working on one of the coldest days of this year. Turned out to be a leaking water pump this time. That cost me two hours of missed work. If I add up all the time my truck has sat at the dealer since I got it, it would be between 4-5 months worth of time. The dealer had the truck for over 30 days during my first month of ownership. And guess what?! I have to now take it back again because the drivers side self leveling headlamp motor isn't working and my headlight is pointed at the ****ing ground!!!! It never ends with this damn truck! 28,000 miles! What a disappointment! I drove a damn Hyundai for 10 years prior to this and didn't have 1/10 of the problems I have with this truck, which is 4x the price of the Hyundai! Chrysler's customer support sucks! They wouldn't replace the truck under lemon law because it's not safety issues I'm having! What a joke! Totally ruined my new car buying experience. That's it! Rant over. Needed to vent!
Dang, 1-800-lawyer might be in order

Old 12-16-2014, 07:50 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Why did you keep it for 2.5 years if it was such a problem? Turn the D back in, and get another. A lemon is a lemon; it happens.

I have a 2011 Citadel with 60k miles. I had the radio lock up once and my fuel pump relay (recalled) died so I performed the recall procedure myself.

These vehicles are well made, but unfortunately the components come from vendors that, as of late (evidenced by ALL the recalls everywhere), are lacking in the quality dept.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to bash the truck, mfr, and dealer when you kept the vehicle after all those issues.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:46 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

All manufacturers are having problems with outside vendors as of late guess why...PARTS COMING FROM ALL OVER GLOBE WITH NO QUALITY STANDARDS.
THEY ARE ALL SHOPPING THE LOWEST PRICE ON STUFF. eg TAKATA AIRBAGS

Old 12-16-2014, 08:54 AM
CMil527
Champion

Sorry to hear, I remember the rear ac being an issue from the beginning... totally ridiculous!

Old 12-16-2014, 09:08 AM
kiddhan625
Rookie

Unfortunately it's not just with American "made" cars. I have owned a couple of German cars and you hear about the same frustrations on those forums from other owners.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 PM
salrt
Professional

This just sucks. I haven't had one problem with mine and it is coming up on 60K miles. You clearly got a lemon. Not sure if you know it or not, but the BBB will send you a packet as a arbitrator for Lemon Law. I am going through it with a Ford Fusion we have right now. Additionally, you can get a lawyer and it won't cost you a dime (win or lose). It sucks that this happened to you, but when you have a mass produced vehicle this happens. You got a lemon. Make them take it back. It is as simple as that...

Old 12-16-2014, 01:31 PM
SLAINTE06
All Star

I definetely would have gotten an attorney by now, as would probably have needed for the mass beating that some dodge techs would have recieved from me. Pretty sad to see you have had all these issues man, hope it all works out, but I would definetly pursue the lemon law act for sure on this, evidence is surely not lacking!!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

You have way too many electrical problems, many of them repeat issues, to be attributable to bad components - given that a vast majority of us have had little or no issues with the same components. Whether or not they ever find it, I have to suspect you have either a voltage regulation or ground problem that they have not found simply because they haven't looked for it. I'd bet their factory techs have seen this and can give them a couple of things to check. The dealer should have sought out the factory techs a long time ago, so just lemon law it.

Last edited by bbtkd; 12-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: This truck is the worst piece of **** ever!!!