3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Durango 3.6L Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Rocket Foot
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! What catch can did you use for the 3.6? I'm actually on the fence with catch cans, I haven't even added one to my Hemi yet! I'm sure they will keep gunk out of the engine but I have also heard negatives.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:26 PM
SteelSteve

I installed the UPR catch can. It does seem to collect a fare amount of oil, but not as much as others have reported. What negatives have you heard?

Old 03-18-2015, 08:27 PM
SteelSteve

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
SteelSteve,

Your Durango looks great after a good wash!!

Thanks

Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Rocket Foot
Amateur

Originally Posted by SteelSteve
I installed the UPR catch can. It does seem to collect a fare amount of oil, but not as much as others have reported. What negatives have you heard?
I've heard that the condensation can freeze in the can during winter, I've heard of issues with warranty denials and I even read about back pressure problems but it is all random. Overall, I think it is probably a good idea to have one!

Old 03-20-2015, 06:56 PM
beowulf

So I was driving a '11 4-runner V6 and with had a '13 Hemi Charger RT. She loved that car and I tolerated the Toyota. Once we got active puppies that are in several training classes and go most everywhere with us she ended up driving the Toyota and was not going to continue driving a 4 year old under powered vehicle when I was shopping for a new truck.

So we bought a '14 with 3.6 on Monday and she traded her Charger RT. Would have gone RT but there wasn't a '14 available and we weren't spending the $$$ for the '15 RT. She misses the HP but she'll adjust, definitely more power and better ride than the 4 runner. Then yesterday I bought a '15 Ram 1500 with Hemi and so she has Hemi envy now. I'm loving it the payback. I've been looking to see what performance mods are available to get he a couple extra horses.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Rocket Foot
Amateur

Originally Posted by beowulf
So I was driving a '11 4-runner V6 and with had a '13 Hemi Charger RT. She loved that car and I tolerated the Toyota. Once we got active puppies that are in several training classes and go most everywhere with us she ended up driving the Toyota and was not going to continue driving a 4 year old under powered vehicle when I was shopping for a new truck.

So we bought a '14 with 3.6 on Monday and she traded her Charger RT. Would have gone RT but there wasn't a '14 available and we weren't spending the $$$ for the '15 RT. She misses the HP but she'll adjust, definitely more power and better ride than the 4 runner. Then yesterday I bought a '15 Ram 1500 with Hemi and so she has Hemi envy now. I'm loving it the payback. I've been looking to see what performance mods are available to get he a couple extra horses.
I am thinking about adding a K&N CAI for up to 10 possible extra horses! But and extra $300 to spend is kinda hard to come by right now...

Old 06-25-2015, 06:46 PM
jerpil55

Hi all,

I have a 2011 DD with the V6 in it and my wife loves it and I do too. Ours has the Flex Fuel variant and it is AWD. I just recently installed a class III receiver hitch rated 5000ilbs, tongue weight 7500lbs to tow my Jayco Featherlight 25F which wieghs 5505lbs. Now it does pretty good towing it on the highway and up graduals hills, but rpms go up to 3500 -4000 in real steep grades which are not too scarce here in northern Iowa. IT has a 6 speed auto transmission which gives some real good get up and go when you need it. One thing my wife and I noticed is the quietness compared to our 2002 Explorer, sometimes you don't even know your driving too fast! Ha. It had 18500 miles on it when we got it it was a rental in its first life but I am sold on it. I may upgrade the brakes and shocks in it later to improve towing capability.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:24 PM
GDM
Professional

Mine is an '11 Crew with 65,000 trouble free miles. Bought new 4 years ago. I tow a sizable fiberglass fish and ski boat regularly. Currently in nortHern WI with the boat and towing to a couple different lakes on dirt roads. So, using the Utility part of the SUV heavily. The Durango performs great with the V6 and has not been in the shop for any failures. I will have to do a good cleaning of the Durango and my Ranger boat when I get home this weekend, but love this vehicle and would buy another one again. It is a workhorse as well as a refined long distance vehicle for me.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:22 AM
TNDurangoNow
Amateur

2014 Durango with the V6 AWD which we have had a year now. It runs great and have no issues to date. Mileage is excellent at 20-21 around town and 24-25 on the highway.

I can tow my 21' boat with no problems at all. Unless you are towing a lot of weight and "often" I see no reason to get the Hemi V8

Quick Reply: Durango 3.6L Roll Call