3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

tire pressures wrong

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 04:00 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Be sure to keep us posted on how things go at the dealership! Let me know if you would like any assistance in scheduling an appointment!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Heat00
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my R/T yesterday, I'm new to Dodge completely and this looks to be a great forum... while on subject they gave me delivery with 44-45 lbs in each tire, seems to be high.. was wondering what lbs. work best based on you guys... most cars I've had work best in the 36-38 range however I thought since these are 20's and a heavy truck that maybe tire pressure should be where they gave it to me? also I see they used nigtrogen not air, I guess this a good thing although what happens if you need air in one tire? have to go search for somewhere that has this and/or pay?? just curios, never had the N in tires before.
BTW, 1 day in and I love this truck!
thanks!

Old 05-16-2015, 09:18 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heat00
I just got my R/T yesterday, I'm new to Dodge completely and this looks to be a great forum... while on subject they gave me delivery with 44-45 lbs in each tire, seems to be high.. was wondering what lbs. work best based on you guys... most cars I've had work best in the 36-38 range however I thought since these are 20's and a heavy truck that maybe tire pressure should be where they gave it to me? also I see they used nigtrogen not air, I guess this a good thing although what happens if you need air in one tire? have to go search for somewhere that has this and/or pay?? just curios, never had the N in tires before.
BTW, 1 day in and I love this truck!
thanks!
First they're over inflated. Look at the door sticker, that tells you where they need to be.

Second, no you don't need to fill with nitrogen

Old 05-16-2015, 09:19 PM
Heat00
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thx figured as much

Quick Reply: tire pressures wrong