3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Haven't posted in a while, little update...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 12:59 PM
Whiteout08
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haven't posted in a while, little update...

Hello everyone, it's definitely been a long time since I've posted anything on this site, so I figured I would get back on and provide a little update. I have been through multiple RAM's over the years, and after my near fatal experience with my past Durango I vowed I'd never own another Durango again. Well...that wasn't exactly true. A year and a half ago, I ended up finding a killer deal on a 2016 Durango R/T and have loved everything about it since day one...no regrets.

So far I've added the Hellcat Rep wheels, A/T tires, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a K&N 63 Series Intake. Being my family hauler I didn't really feel as though I needed to go too crazy with mods, but I guess we'll see where that logic takes me in the coming months/years.

Anyway, here are some pictures...cheers!

Jeff

Old 04-07-2021, 11:51 AM
DDCREW
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice. A catch can would be a good addition to the engine to keep "burnt" oil from flowing back into the intake manifold - only fumes.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:08 PM
Whiteout08
Professional

Thank you, and that's a good idea, I have been back and forth about whether or not I wanted to add one in. The only thing I need to do still is trim the engine cover since the breather tube from the K&N makes it so the cover doesn't fit all the way on. Or I'll just keep it off, it doesn't really serve much of a purpose anyway.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:56 AM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great. I have the same black on black 2015 model. When i needed new tires last time I was trying to hunt down exactly what you did but I couldn't find an affordable option so I passed. The Borla is high on my wish list too. The black tips look good in place of the stock chrome.

I had my front windows tinted to match the back which really completes the black out look.

I'm at the point that I have 110,000 miles on mine and when I start thinking about dropping some $ on mods then I begin questioning if I would just be better off putting that towards an SRT in a year or two.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:17 AM
MarkSilva

Nice upgrade, I also want to change the tires and the intake, I choose between K&N and S&B, they say this is the best option, but I might try something else.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:37 AM
Whiteout08
Professional

Originally Posted by wi-steve
Looks great. I have the same black on black 2015 model. When i needed new tires last time I was trying to hunt down exactly what you did but I couldn't find an affordable option so I passed. The Borla is high on my wish list too. The black tips look good in place of the stock chrome.

I had my front windows tinted to match the back which really completes the black out look.

I'm at the point that I have 110,000 miles on mine and when I start thinking about dropping some $ on mods then I begin questioning if I would just be better off putting that towards an SRT in a year or two.
Yeah I know it's tough as the miles add up. Thankfully I've only got 68k miles on mine, so I was able to justify it. As for the tires, they actually weren't too bad and I know they'll last quite a while...been super impressed with them so far. The ride is really smooth and very quiet, and handle extremely well in all conditions.

I need to tint my front windows as well, it drives me crazy.

Old 04-19-2021, 11:39 AM
Whiteout08
Professional

Originally Posted by MarkSilva
Nice upgrade, I also want to change the tires and the intake, I choose between K&N and S&B, they say this is the best option, but I might try something else.
K&N wasn't my first choice but I've had them in the past and been pleased with it. I don't notice too much as far as MPG, but I can definitely tell in the mid-range RPM's the acceleration has improved. I've heard good things about the Volant intakes so maybe give that option a look.

Quick Reply: Haven't posted in a while, little update...