3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Keyless Entry Not Working ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:50 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you know what/where you're looking...this should be it in the rear center near the liftgate latch.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:05 AM
2013DodgeVA

Can't seem to find anything that resembles an antenna. Just a bare floor with the hole to lower spare tire and also checked behind the jack area. Nothing but a single cable which is connected.

I'll see what the dealership says

Thanks for your help!!

Bill

Old 05-13-2016, 08:11 AM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Based on the build sheet information, it does seem like your Durango is equipped with the passive keyless entry and the keyless Go features. There should be 4 antennas in your vehicle - one in each front door, one in the center console, and one in the cargo area (as shown in a prior post). Since the passive entry and the keyless start are not working, it does seem like either the system is disabled or the module for the antennas is not working or getting the signals. I don't find any information on disabling the passive entry so you might need to have your dealer scan the PEM and/or Wireless Ignition Node (WIN) for diagnostic codes.

You might check the PEM to make sure the connections are fully seated. The module is located near the blower motor and not too far from the cabin air filter door, so maybe one of the connections was jarred during a cabin filter replacement. From the service manual, "The PEM is secured by three screws to three tabs equipped with plastic nuts located on the outboard end of the air conditioning and heater unit blower housing beneath the passenger side end of the instrument panel. The PEM includes three integral mounting stanchions (2) and two connector receptacles (3) integral to the PEM housing. The connector receptacles contain all of the terminal pins that connect the PEM to the vehicle electrical system through two dedicated take outs and connectors of the instrument panel wire harness."

-Rod

Old 05-14-2016, 02:04 PM
2013DodgeVA

I do see the blue connector but there is no wire running to it. The only cable I see is the one running to the subwoofer. Could my truck just not have this feature enabled?

Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Terry Bates
Question Enter and Go Feture with code.

Hi this is my first time on this forum. I have a similar problem. 2014 Dodge Durango RT Enter and Go Feature is not working. Both keyfobs work, lock and unlock work, remote start works. Diagnostic code B1A7513 Passive Entry Antenna 5-Circuit Open. PLGM - Power Liftgate Module. I checked for the loose plug under the floor near the liftgate all plugs connected. I need the wiring diagram for the Passive Entry Antenna. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
John Trent

Originally Posted by coldsteel
There is an antenna for the keyless located under the rear load floor that sometimes isn't fully clipped into its connection to the computer.

Try looking there.
Coldsteel, your post was spot on for me. I have a 2012 Dodge Durango R/T and after being in the auto body shop, RKE was non-op. I replaced key fob batteries, purchased new "Push to Start" button, took it to the dealer and had them reprogram the fobs all to no avail. After reading your post and pictures, (your pictures looked exactly like my car's situation, blue clip not plugged into the antenna.) I disassembled the rear load floor and trimming and reconnected the antenna wire. I had to remove the antenna as first attempt had bent the prongs down and askew. But after realigning and replugging, the system has worked flawlessly since.

Good job on knowing your stuff, I appreciate it.

John T in Prescott, AZ 1/14/2020

Old 01-15-2020, 04:55 AM
coldsteel
Captain

You're welcome. I still question the placement of that antenna, but at least it is fairly easy to access. I'm sorry you threw parts at it first though.

Old 03-20-2020, 09:33 PM
Udara Ranasinghe
Default Same issues. *Fixed thanks to this thread *

today I had a trailer hitch and a break controller installed in my 2014 Durango SXT. key less entfy didn't work as everyone mentioned here. keyfob buttons and push start works fine but the keyless entry didn't work. I'm really glad i found this thread. I found the exact antenna cable it was unplugged. plugged it back it, boom... started working. it was a quick 10-15 mins fix. here are some close pictures. Thank you all. you guys are awesome.

Old 03-21-2022, 07:14 PM
kristenmking67@att.net
Unhappy help- doors don't unlock or lock when touched

Help,
I changed the fob battery and reprogrammed it. IT's working, but when I touch the handle to unlock or button to lock on the doors- this feature is not working. I'd like to fix this myself any clue to what is going on? I even have my batteries checked- main is good and auxiliary is good, alternator is good.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:31 PM
Tulitinsan3
Default I don’t have tyat blue wire I took every bfrom that area and didn’t see it no where ?

I see the module but I don’t see the wire anywhere can someone help I have a 2011 Dodge Durango express
Originally Posted by coldsteel
So you know what/where you're looking...this should be it in the rear center near the liftgate latch.