3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Service required on AWD, front diff. & rear axel

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 12:59 PM
Pappy35
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want a Durango so bad. Your picture just makes it worse. For around $40k I am essentially buying a rebranded Mercedes GL450!

PS - I know a car is just a car and that there other substantial differences (engine, tranny, etc.) but making that connection is part of the sales pitch I'm giving my wife. Haha...

Old 07-27-2016, 01:41 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pappy35
I want a Durango so bad. Your picture just makes it worse. For around $40k I am essentially buying a rebranded Mercedes GL450!

PS - I know a car is just a car and that there other substantial differences (engine, tranny, etc.) but making that connection is part of the sales pitch I'm giving my wife. Haha...
Yep, poor mans Merc! I have thought about this a few times, so Dodge warranties it but has split from Diamler. There are a LOT of GL parts in the Durango, so do they now have to go to the Mercedes dealer for those specific parts? Maybe a dealer employee can chime in and enlighten us.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Pappy35
Amateur
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm quite sure that, though the companies have split, they still supply parts to each other. These sub-components could also be sourced from third parties but regardless if I ever need a transaxle (God-forbid) I'd bet a week's pay I can get it from a Dodge dealer.

Also, I wouldn't trust info provided by any dealer. Ever. I hate to be negative but my experience, combined with all the horror stories I've read on forums for the last ten years...yeah. When I need info I go to forums. Recently I've read a few post elsewhere from people seeking to verify that you can't order 2017 models yet, it eventually came out that these dealers had 2016's they needed to move.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:41 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called several other dealerships in my area. They all quoted the same type of service and a little more in cost. Stack up one more reason on why dealerships are at the top of my sh%t list.

I think I'll do as others have stated/suggested, I'll change out the oils myself.
And I'll know the job was done right, the first time.

Again, thanks everyone for your help and input.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Mendez.A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't let them remove the covers, I got my Journey serviced at the dealership and ever since they removed the covers my cuffs had been leaking, I'm going for a 3rd!!!! time repackaging and they want to charge for the oil when they should be fully responsible that is bad craftsmanship

Old 12-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Mendez.A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't let them remove the covers, I got my Journey serviced at the dealership and ever since they removed the covers my difffs had been leaking, I'm going for a 3rd!!!! time repackaging and they want to charge for the oil when they should be fully responsible that is bad craftsmanship

Quick Reply: Service required on AWD, front diff. & rear axel