3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango SXT

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 11:08 AM
xofzil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2014 Durango SXT

Newbie here, please be gentle!

Looking at trading in my Audi wagon for 2014 Durango SXT because the kids and dogs aren't getting any smaller.

I purchased a used explorer many years ago and did not do my due diligence (also went to a shady lot) and ended up needing to nearly immediately replace the rear differential. So I'm still a little traumatized from that.

This purchase would be through a dealer, and it is a CPO, clean carfax with 1 owner. But I'm hoping you all can tell me what other key things I should check on. Carfax is great and all, but what doesn't that cover that I should know? From reading the threads, it looks like the next manufacturer scheduled service will be 36K miles - which will be within a year on this vehicle.. what will that entail?

Any and all tips would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm basically already in love with the truck, but I want to be smart about it. Thanks all!

Old 03-13-2017, 12:11 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

According to the owners manual, the first major service is 2 years or 32,000 miles and it's mainly just an inspection with the exception of replacing the air conditioning filter. Here's a link to the owners manual.

https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/ca...er-manual.html

I would strongly suggest looking into an extended warranty. There are a ton of electronics on cars these days. The Durango is a solid vehicle. Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:21 PM
xofzil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Owners manual! Didn't think of that. Thanks!

Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When buying any late model brand vehicle that is used. I always purchase an extended "bumper to bumper" warranty. The "bumper to bumper" warranty covers both elec. and mech..

"Peace of mind" is well worth the additional cost of an extended warranty.